GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Offical Making Big Power/Big Turbo Thread

U-20T

Go Kart Champion
Damn, very discouraging. Not even the bolt on kit from cts turbo?

My car is fine, I dd it for 20k now have a beater but still drive the GTI each weekend and love it. Drove it on a 500 mile trip this past weekend and driving to H20i at the end of the month

Djunited1

Go Kart Champion
My car is fine, I dd it for 20k now have a beater but still drive the GTI each weekend and love it. Drove it on a 500 mile trip this past weekend and driving to H20i at the end of the month

What do you think of the cts kit? Especially the maf location and uni tune.

Also answers to my prev questions in this thread would be appreciated.

I didnt know there was a CTS bolt on kit. felt I had to go with APR for injectors and what not. U-20T, so your saying everything went smooth from install till right now and you havent had one single hiccup? You're way more lucky than I then... I am sure once all these annoyances are cleared up that I will be more happy in the end....i def dont expect to keep having these issues...omg no...

U-20T

Go Kart Champion
I didnt know there was a CTS bolt on kit. felt I had to go with APR for injectors and what not. U-20T, so your saying everything went smooth from install till right now and you havent had one single hiccup? You're way more lucky than I then... I am sure once all these annoyances are cleared up that I will be more happy in the end....i def dont expect to keep having these issues...omg no...

I have Uni injectors and tuning and runs great

U-20T

Go Kart Champion

CTS runs a Uni tune on their in house car gtx3071, personally is block the MAF in their kit off and run the oem housing.

PRND[S]

The Lame & The Ludicrous
APR, no thread...just trust me...it will be a headache...ive been talking to the other big turbo guys and they are all admitting frustrations to me....its just not as easy as going k04 plain and simple...
That sounds like you had an incompetent and dishonest installer. I'm APR Stage 3+ as well and it has been smooth sailing for me, no issues with the kit whatsoever.

Djunited1

Go Kart Champion
CTS runs a Uni tune on their in house car gtx3071, personally is block the MAF in their kit off and run the oem housing.

Do they run the software taking into account the relocated maf? I worry about this because i have a row maf sensor that did not play with the cts one peice intake. where would the oem housing fit on the provided cts intake? Also do uni sell the injectors seperately? At this point im waiting for john to respomg to my pm.

vwgti2.0t

Go Kart Champion
o yea and my favorite part....car doesnt feel near as fast as id hoped coming off k04....cant come close to the advertised times for 60-120mph...at least for now

I can't comment a whole lot because I've only been in one stage 3+ car.. My friend has a GLI with the kit and all supporting upgrades (intercooler, intake, clutch, blahblahblah). I was overly underimpressed by how it performed. I've never been in a 3+ GTI so maybe it was just the gearing or something, but it really didn't feel much quicker at all than a K04 car. I'm sure on the highway it would be, but after spending 6 grand on the kit alone I would expect to have a rocket.

I guess to keep on the current topic, he hasn't had any issues with it and the drivability seems super smooth :thumbsup:

U-20T

Go Kart Champion
Do they run the software taking into account the relocated maf? I worry about this because i have a row maf sensor that did not play with the cts one peice intake. where would the oem housing fit on the provided cts intake? Also do uni sell the injectors seperately? At this point im waiting for john to respomg to my pm.

Thats why I said use the OEM housing, USE THE OEM housing in the stock location and block of the kits maf port ot use a blank pipe there in place of it.

I can't comment a whole lot because I've only been in one stage 3+ car.. My friend has a GLI with the kit and all supporting upgrades (intercooler, intake, clutch, blahblahblah). I was overly underimpressed by how it performed. I've never been in a 3+ GTI so maybe it was just the gearing or something, but it really didn't feel much quicker at all than a K04 car. I'm sure on the highway it would be, but after spending 6 grand on the kit alone I would expect to have a rocket.

I guess to keep on the current topic, he hasn't had any issues with it and the drivability seems super smooth :thumbsup:

I have not driven a 3+ car but I can tell you I can destroy a ko4 car. It would be like an original bug vs a new gti stg2 or ko4.

That sounds like you had an incompetent and dishonest installer. I'm APR Stage 3+ as well and it has been smooth sailing for me, no issues with the kit whatsoever.

How fast can you do 60-120mph? I want to know if im going crazy or not. Go out and record that and let me know if you can please. better yet make a video if possible.

vwgti2.0t

Go Kart Champion
I have not driven a 3+ car but I can tell you I can destroy a ko4 car. It would be like an original bug vs a new gti stg2 or ko4.

Oh no doubt man. Youre setup looks awesome! But it all honesty (not starting trouble or anything), how is it to like 100-110? Not just 50-60 rolls. Still the same story or no?

I only ask as my friend has a gt3076 1.8t, and the last time we dyno'ed it they shut it down at 6500 as he was having fuel pump problems and it still make 420whp (has a built head and 8200rpm limiter). With that being said, anywhere under 100-110 mph it's either so laggy or spinning so bad he is like a bus behind me. Of course after that, he always comes ripping right around, but who the hell does 100mph roll races? lol.

So in essance, just wondering if it's the same story with the GTI geared BT cars or not. The GLI I was in spun second, but nothing after that. It just felt like it took 5 minutes to get through 3rd gear. IDK.

Either way U20, I admire the custom route you went with your setup. You are one of the few on the way to huge power here :thumbsup:

Djunited1

Go Kart Champion
comparing between the atp and cts kits.

if i order an intake with the atp kit and upgrade the gt3071r into a gtx it would still be cheaper by about 700$ than the cts. the cts however provides at DP and midpipe(which i wont need) and an external wg instead of atp's internal wg.