GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Official APR MK6 Products and Information

kern417

Go Kart Champion
i didn't mean it in a way like you were trying to cheat. i'd like a free tune as well. but i don't think it's that easy if you haven't already paid for a tune in the past. i'd assume you need to pay full (currently discounted) price.

Abbott Martin

Go Kart Champion
If your VIN was ever tuned it's $150. No labor should be required since the ECU probably won't need to be taken out again.

dallen13

Ready to race!
What's the price for k04 v3.1 softwRe only for non apr existing customer?

mxnickj

Passed Driver's Ed
if it's a new ECU it needs to be taken out again.

Just call APR and have them clear it up.

I just got off the phone wiith APR and it seems that I will need to pay full price to get a tune back in the car. They told me to stop by an APR dealer and they can see if a tune shows up in the ECU, which it wont because the ECU was replaced. Sounds like it doesn't go by vin number, but only based on what is currently in the car wheather the ECU was replaced or not :iono:

kern417

Go Kart Champion
I just got off the phone wiith APR and it seems that I will need to pay full price to get a tune back in the car. They told me to stop by an APR dealer and they can see if a tune shows up in the ECU, which it wont because the ECU was replaced. Sounds like it doesn't go by vin number, but only based on what is currently in the car wheather the ECU was replaced or not :iono:

that's why i recommended calling. i kept trying to explain it but people seem to believe otherwise for some reason.

If you buy a tune and get a new ECU for whatever reason, you'll have to pay full price because the new ECU has not been cracked yet. I don't see why that would be any different if the car was sold to someone else. The only way you can get away with the transfer fee is if the ECU is already tuned.

mxnickj

Passed Driver's Ed
that's why i recommended calling. i kept trying to explain it but people seem to believe otherwise for some reason.

If you buy a tune and get a new ECU for whatever reason, you'll have to pay full price because the new ECU has not been cracked yet. I don't see why that would be any different if the car was sold to someone else. The only way you can get away with the transfer fee is if the ECU is already tuned.

I can't say that I was surprised by that answer however there is part of me that feels like if a customer pays the full price for a tune then down the road has an unrelated issue which means the ECU needs replaced that they should have to pay the full price again. Its not the customers fault that the ECU had to be replaced, but its also not APR's fault either. I just feel like there should be a warranty re-tune procedure of some kind. And this isn't me saying this so I can get the re-tune for cheaper, I'd feel the same way if I paid the full price in the first place.

Oh, well.... Guess it just means I'll be waiting longer to get tuned than I planned. Its worth it :D

kern417

Go Kart Champion
I can't say that I was surprised by that answer however there is part of me that feels like if a customer pays the full price for a tune then down the road has an unrelated issue which means the ECU needs replaced that they should have to pay the full price again. Its not the customers fault that the ECU had to be replaced, but its also not APR's fault either. I just feel like there should be a warranty re-tune procedure of some kind. And this isn't me saying this so I can get the re-tune for cheaper, I'd feel the same way if I paid the full price in the first place.

Oh, well.... Guess it just means I'll be waiting longer to get tuned than I planned. Its worth it :D

i don't see anything wrong with a customer getting the same car retuned at a discounted rate but a basic reflash will always be cheaper than cracking the ecu again, not to mention if it's not APR's fault or the tuners fault then they really have no reason to foot any part of the bill. but i've never been in that situation since mk5 don't need the ecu pulled for a tune :D

mxnickj

Passed Driver's Ed

OK so last week I sent APR an email about this subject then the next day just decided to call ans got that answer. Well today I got an email reply from APR saying that all I need is to go to an APR dealer and get a re-flash which is only $149 plus whatever labor the dealer charges for the reflash. Same company, same question, two different answers :iono: Oh well, I like the second answer better. I guess the next thing to do is call the APR dealer closest to me and see what they have to say.

fredf

Go Kart Champion
OK so last week I sent APR an email about this subject then the next day just decided to call ans got that answer. Well today I got an email reply from APR saying that all I need is to go to an APR dealer and get a re-flash which is only $149 plus whatever labor the dealer charges for the reflash. Same company, same question, two different answers :iono: Oh well, I like the second answer better. I guess the next thing to do is call the APR dealer closest to me and see what they have to say.

see post # 1093

Arin@APR

GOLFMK7 Official Sponsor
APR Presents the MK6 Steering Wheel Insert!

APR is pleased to present the APR Steering Wheel Insert.

Product Page

It’s often the simple things that make all the difference when adding personalized touches to a vehicle. APR’s spent the better part of a decade adding Performance Without Compromise to vehicles such as the MK6 GTI, Golf R and many more, and the time has come to give our customers a badge of honor they can wear and see, every day, from the driver’s seat!

The APR Steering Wheel Insert is simple. It replaces the lower piece of the steering wheel trim with a piano black or satin silver inlay and features an APR badge painted in red. The colors match the upper trim piece colors well and looks as if intended by the OEM. The OEM piece simply pops out and is replaced in seconds with the new APR piece. It looks fantastic and serves as a reminder to the vehicle’s operator of the fun that lays just beneath his or her right foot!

MK6 GLI/GTI - Satin Silver

MK6 Golf R - Piano Black

Please Note - VW has many steering wheel designs. Please ensure the vehicle’s OEM steering wheel insert piece is removable.

MS100088 - Satin Silver - $49.99
MS100087 - Piano Black - $49.99

Last edited: