GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Official APR MK6 Products and Information

Thumper

Autocross Champion
Can you not give any insight into why this business decision was made?

I think we know. Government overreach and intrusive regulation.

Look at the disclaimer and massive leagilise they had to put up just to keep selling the Stg 3 kits.

Joe_Mama

Autocross Champion
I think we know. Government overreach and intrusive regulation.
Sorry but you don't know. You're just speculating like everyone else.

Thumper

Autocross Champion

Arin@APR

GOLFMK7 Official Sponsor
Can you not give any insight into why this business decision was made?

APR has been leading the way in compliance in our marketplace for some time now. In Germany, for example, TUV approval is sought for everything we sell. In the USA, we've been working on CARB approval too. The process is lengthy compared to TUV. On our end, we just made a massive investment into emissions testing equipment for memo1A self certification. This includes a new dyno, dyno room construction, fan, power to the building, and most importantly, the extremely expensive testing equipment. For end users, I know this isn't music to your ears. Some, maybe most of you, don't care. But it's part of our long term strategy to continue tuning cars for the indefinite future, and helps put us into a better position to do so.

Ultimately, there will be some drawbacks. We're not going to have some products. That may limit peak power in some situations. In others, not so much. For example, various Audi and Porsche platforms simply don't have power restrictive components we would otherwise love to modify, and as such, we're able to make just as much power as if they were not there. We're able to do this all while keeping everything legal. This is mostly true on H6, V6, and V8 dual bank setups, but has proven true on all Porsche 4 cylinders, smaller 4 cylinders, and nearly true on 5 cylinder applications too. Heck, even our 700+ WHP Carrera only saw a few hundred mbar of pressure drop from turbo to exhaust tip with the full factory system - We can't say thank you enough to Porsche on that one!

Anyways, the change is real, but we're going to keep doing what we've always done, and that's make kick ass products. We'll lead the way on this front — and others, if they are still around, will eventually follow along too.

Thanks for hearing me out.

-Arin

Joe_Mama

Autocross Champion
Thank you so much for the lengthy response. I'm not sure if this is the first OFFICIAL confirmation from APR but I haven't seen this posted anywhere else yet so thanks for going out on a limb.

I absolutely understand why you guys made this decision. I feel sorry for all the blowback APR is getting over trying to do the right thing, but you guys will end up being in the right side of history. Well done

WalkerT

Go Kart Champion
APR has been leading the way in compliance in our marketplace for some time now. In Germany, for example, TUV approval is sought for everything we sell. In the USA, we've been working on CARB approval too. The process is lengthy compared to TUV. On our end, we just made a massive investment into emissions testing equipment for memo1A self certification. This includes a new dyno, dyno room construction, fan, power to the building, and most importantly, the extremely expensive testing equipment. For end users, I know this isn't music to your ears. Some, maybe most of you, don't care. But it's part of our long term strategy to continue tuning cars for the indefinite future, and helps put us into a better position to do so.

Ultimately, there will be some drawbacks. We're not going to have some products. That may limit peak power in some situations. In others, not so much. For example, various Audi and Porsche platforms simply don't have power restrictive components we would otherwise love to modify, and as such, we're able to make just as much power as if they were not there. We're able to do this all while keeping everything legal. This is mostly true on H6, V6, and V8 dual bank setups, but has proven true on all Porsche 4 cylinders, smaller 4 cylinders, and nearly true on 5 cylinder applications too. Heck, even our 700+ WHP Carrera only saw a few hundred mbar of pressure drop from turbo to exhaust tip with the full factory system - We can't say thank you enough to Porsche on that one!

Anyways, the change is real, but we're going to keep doing what we've always done, and that's make kick ass products. We'll lead the way on this front — and others, if they are still around, will eventually follow along too.

Thanks for hearing me out.

-Arin

Arin,

Glad to hear you guys are in development and not reductions. Always better to play the long game in business.

Travis

Arin@APR

GOLFMK7 Official Sponsor
No problem, and thank you for hearing me out. Reductions are not even remotely on my plate. I currently, in personal plate right now, have over 20 products ready to push out. Specifically related to the MK6, we'll have two on the way (killer prices on something familiar), another catback variation, and we're working on ignition coils. There are another 20 products lined up behind that nearing completion. Needless to say, lots of stuff - pushing forward like usual.

Thumper

Autocross Champion
I absolutely understand why you guys made this decision.

Ahem.

I informed you thusly. ;):cool:

20+ products, new for the MK6? (y)

I was hoping you guys might bring your development from the new TTRS/RS3 coils to the 'old' 2.0L. I'll take a set in blue for the R, but I still want bright yellow for the TTRS. 😉

Joe_Mama

Autocross Champion
Ahem.

I informed you thusly. ;):cool:
I wasn't asking you though so I don't get why you're acting so smug. APR was asked, APR answered. This thread isn't about you kid.

WalkerT

Go Kart Champion
No problem, and thank you for hearing me out. Reductions are not even remotely on my plate. I currently, in personal plate right now, have over 20 products ready to push out. Specifically related to the MK6, we'll have two on the way (killer prices on something familiar), another catback variation, and we're working on ignition coils. There are another 20 products lined up behind that nearing completion. Needless to say, lots of stuff - pushing forward like usual.

Man any new products for the Mk6 is great news!!

Cal2000

Go Kart Champion
Nice!

Arin@APR

GOLFMK7 Official Sponsor
The Ultimate Intake System is Here!

http://goapr.io/mk6pex

The APR Intake System lets your engine breathe! This closed design rejects power-robbing heat from the engine bay thanks to the high heat deflection material used in the intake's design. It provides an unrestrictive path for cold, dense air fed from outside of the engine bay to maximize power. We use a high flow filter that provides excellent filtration without the restrictions, which keeps the engine clean while optimizing power delivery. On the flow bench, we recorded a 31% increase in CFM over the factory airbox, and a 24% increase over the total system. This translates to a sharper throttle response, lessened strain on the turbocharger, and more horsepower and torque. The system is an excellent value. It installs in minutes, looks fantastic, delivers a sporty engine note, and is recommended at all stages of performance.

The APR Intake System is modular. It connects to the factory turbo inlet piping, and provides substantial gains. Those looking to complete the system can opt for the optional APR Turbo Inlet pipe to increase flow over the smaller factory turbo inlet piping. Our inlet pipe is a continuous massive pipe that connects to the turbocharger via a port-matching silicon coupler. The PCV system conveniently connects to the intake via a billet aluminum adapter. Lastly, the system uses a flex coupler that allows adequate engine movement and flex.

Airbox

Rear Pipe

Pricing

$199.95 - Airbox
$99.95 - Rear Pipe

Fitment for the rear pipe will depend on vehicle and engine. Fitment for the airbox may require an adapter or coupler depending on vehicle and engine. Get the details here, and drill into the application guide on each part:

Product Page

WalkerT

Go Kart Champion
What is it made of? Aluminum or composite?

socal87

Drag Race Newbie
@Arin@APR,
Forgive me if this has already been asked; how does the downpipe/test pipe file discontinuation affect folks who already have a downpipe + Stage 2 software and want to upgrade to K04?