GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Official Baltimore, MD Meet Thread

GunMetalGTI

Go Kart Champion
Wanted to start a thread for all the MD dubbers on here (especially MK6ers) to centralize all info on meet ups, good spots, and to set them up and basically get acquainted with each other.

I'm tired of seeing an MK6/MK5 with mods on the street and never seeing it again...lol

If you take a look at my sig...there are a few meets I already know about and we can always set up new ones.

I'll keep this thread updated and going for as long as people are interested. Hopefully we can get a meet section pushed to the front of the main forum page so more people will see it or think to look. (with that I also want to thank the hell out of the creator and ppl that work on this site, they are easily the sh*t)
I posted here so give this thing some push. Mods if you feel the need to move this its cool. Thanks again.

Dave
:thumbsup::thumbsup:

Last edited:

GunMetalGTI

Go Kart Champion
Belair Meet Location is:

Thursday nites @ 8pm @:
The Walmart across from the Honda dealer:
1800 Bel Air Road
Fallston, MD 21047

Canton Meet Location is: (CHARM CITY DUBS MEET)
Sunday evenings off of Boston Street in front of the Five Guys starting usually around 7/8pm

Arundel Mills Meet is:
http://forums.vwvortex.com/showthrea....Friday-nights

Parkville Meet is:

Sundays nights at Wendys at Belair Rd. and Silver Spring Rd. Intersection.

Last edited:

adamonis

Definitely something I'd be interested in. Got my GTi in the summer. First car I've owned, have always had trucks, but I love it. Getting my stage 1 flash on Friday, will be the first thing I've done, first of many hopefully. thanks for the info, I'll be sure to check it out.

GunMetalGTI

Go Kart Champion
Definitely something I'd be interested in. Got my GTi in the summer. First car I've owned, have always had trucks, but I love it. Getting my stage 1 flash on Friday, will be the first thing I've done, first of many hopefully. thanks for the info, I'll be sure to check it out.

Cool cool, I'm in the Towson/Parkville area. The easiest meeting spot is prob where people are already meeting....ie

all in my sig:
Canton
Parkville
Belair

would be great to get more mk6's out to these and shoot the shit, get food and drinks...and help each other out with mods and related stuff. I know with all the stuff I've done so far...I could def save some ppl just started out with their Mk6 some time ha....and I'm sure someone local is further then me too knowing the Dub scene

Clempson13

Ready to race!

GunMetalGTI

Go Kart Champion
isn't there a regional and area subforum which already exists for this kinda stuff?

mid-atlantic subforum: http://golfmk6.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=23

yep....already went there and its kinda spotty...nothing really organized and no real threads involved in a a Baltimore meet. I just wanted to make a new thread to re-focus everything.....and as I stated in my first post....post here so people would see it more and maybe get more involved.

I know even for myself I spend most of my time in the engine and other threads that I hardly notice the regional forums for meets.

and if you noticed....I did let the mods know that they could move it if they feel the need to, which they prob will lol.

again this is all just to get local ppl together instead of having a billion diff threads ie....there has two be 1000 apr stage 1 threads on here lol

anyways thanks for the post....that should help to get ppl looking anyways:w00t:

StLuis51

Passed Driver's Ed
Cool man I am really interested, I live in the Fort Meade area which of these meets would the closest for me?

GunMetalGTI

Go Kart Champion
Cool man I am really interested, I live in the Fort Meade area which of these meets would the closest for me?

Good question.

They are all 15 mins within eachother
The only two I have been to are the Canton and Towson meet.
I have heard that the Canton one will start back up in April.....and I would imagine earlier if the weather keeps improving the way it is.
The Belair one I just heard of from a guy on hear called Lowerthanzimmy and its too is prob starting back up as the weather breaks.

The only one that is all the time no matter what is the Towson one. Its every friday at 9pm. They post the address and the details on their site.

Fort meade may be slightly closer to canton and prob 20 to 25 mins to towson/parkville. Belair will def be further if I'm correct

chinqutie

Go Kart Champion
kewl! i'm definitely far from the meets you're at and i don't get to be at my local meets lately thanks to the crapload of work LOL but i think it's at least giving it a go for maybe one time on all places. :thumbsup:

StLuis51

Passed Driver's Ed
Good question.

They are all 15 mins within eachother
The only two I have been to are the Canton and Towson meet.
I have heard that the Canton one will start back up in April.....and I would imagine earlier if the weather keeps improving the way it is.
The Belair one I just heard of from a guy on hear called Lowerthanzimmy and its too is prob starting back up as the weather breaks.

The only one that is all the time no matter what is the Towson one. Its every friday at 9pm. They post the address and the details on their site.

Fort meade may be slightly closer to canton and prob 20 to 25 mins to towson/parkville. Belair will def be further if I'm correct

:thumbsup:

GunMetalGTI

Go Kart Champion
ya it'd be so cool to have at least a few or even six mk6's in the area that always had a decent meet up that was local. I figure canton is good just because the beltway runs around the city as we all know and should be easier for everyone. Of course I am only 2 mins from the parkville/towson meet though.....I basically do both anyways.

SteveMD

Ready to race!
I live two mins from the Bel Air Wal Mart but Thursdays is my GT5 Tourney evening :)