GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Official Base Model Pony Car Rant Thread

XGC75

Go Kart Champion
Let it flow.

killed a base v6 mustang and camaro last night, they thought there were fast.. think again muscle tools.

This is why muscle cars suck. V6 pony cars are SHIT. Total and complete garbage. They're designed to be approachable for the rental crowd, cheap to drive up growth profits, safe just in case a kid gets a hold of one and they sacrifice all usefulness (decent back seats, storage space, fuel economy, etc) for the vanity of fast looks.

Worst of all, they all discredit the goodness of real muscle cars whose engines command the personality of the car.

and all owners drive and act like they own the fastest car on the planet. don't have any interest in owning a mustang prolly ever.. unless GT500 or GT350R of course :iono:

If I owned one, it'd be a 1st-gen F-body with an LS3 swap or a vette.

There was an old guy with a base Challenger (with stripes) hanging out in a handicap spot at the local supermarket smoking a cigar. He was getting a lot of attention from the locals going in and out of the supermarket. He was acting so cool, as if that thing was the shit. I was just waiting for my wife, didn't even need to leave my car. But I did - I asked him what his best quarter mile time was as I walked into the store. He didn't even answer me. Total tool.

that's one of the main reasons i don't want one of those cars, driven by asshole douches that don't know a damned thing about what they drive, that isn't being an enthusiast, that's being a "i bought it, what more do you need to know" type guy.

/rant

100% vanity.

I'm not opposed to moving this whole conversation to a "Base model pony car rant thread"

TSI_Guy

Go Kart Champion
The newer 300+hp ones are a nice jump but still don't embody that muscle car feel.

Agreed that all V6 "muscle" cars are made for those that want the fast looks without all the performance.

TSI_Guy

Go Kart Champion
5.0 mustang though, that's definitely on my short list of cars I would like to own next.

XGC75

Go Kart Champion
My view is this. A muscle car needs an engine that has a good command over the mass of the car. It gives you the impression you could idle it, drop the clutch without any gas input and chirp the rear wheels.

V6's may get to a point where they're as powerful as V8's but they won't provide that muscly feel.

TSI_Guy

Go Kart Champion
Muscle cars need V8's.

Look up the price of an older Ford GT now that the new ones are coming with the V6TT. The new ones with the V6TT are fast, sure, but the price for the older ones skyrocketed because of the V8. People love their big motors, and I don't even blame them. It makes for a great driving experience.

Turbros are cool, but you know that old saying....

Jaber

Modero
V8s will be a thing of the past, eventually. Thanks Obama.

TSI_Guy

Go Kart Champion
V8s will be a thing of the past, eventually. Thanks Obama.

Either that, or they will be very rare. Or only offered in expensive high performance cars.

XGC75

Go Kart Champion
Muscle cars need V8's.

Look up the price of an older Ford GT now that the new ones are coming with the V6TT. The new ones with the V6TT are fast, sure, but the price for the older ones skyrocketed because of the V8. People love their big motors, and I don't even blame them. It makes for a great driving experience.

Turbros are cool, but you know that old saying....

I wouldn't even mind a 3V Mehstang. Big motors are the light and the way.

You're on point about that saying, too, even in turboed engines. It's easier to optimize a turbo to a larger displacement engine. Also you can get better power out of them. Just look at the Cooper S vs TSI. That 1.6l T56 only makes 320chp with a VF34 (stage 4) turbo. That's the limit. Compare with the 2.0 TSI that makes 400chp+ with common stage 3 setups. Or, with the MS3's 2.3L, 450hp with similarily conservative stage 3 setups. Bigger is better.

jgarcia1925

Go Kart Champion
I wouldn't even mind a 3V Mehstang. Big motors are the light and the way.

You're on point about that saying, too, even in turboed engines. It's easier to optimize a turbo to a larger displacement engine. Also you can get better power out of them. Just look at the Cooper S vs TSI. That 1.6l T56 only makes 320chp with a VF34 (stage 4) turbo. That's the limit. Compare with the 2.0 TSI that makes 400chp+ with common stage 3 setups. Or, with the MS3's 2.3L, 450hp with similarily conservative stage 3 setups. Bigger is better.

thats what she said

Tk_mkv1

Go Kart Champion
v6 pony cars are for posers, always compensate for their small dicks.

Here's a CSB with a college bro base v6 camaro with fugly aftermarket headlights :barf:
3 lane road, right lane goes into as turning lane onto another main road, There were loads of cars waiting left and middle lane and right was empty, so I went for it and passed about 20-30 cars, the last car in middle was that Camaro. After I got into middle lane, the Camaro flew to my ass, kept getting real close when stopped, like i'm scarred lol. As he was on turning lane shortly after, I told him with a smile "good thing you were riding my ass, cause I couldn't stand seeing those shitty headlights" just to piss him off a little in response, and he just looked straight ahead. :laugh: My GF was with me too and also laughed.

5.0 mustang though, that's definitely on my short list of cars I would like to own next.

Same here.