From South Africa:

Stealth Stage 2 ECU Tune and DSG Flash
Stealth Atom Intake and stage 2 pipe
76mm DP and 63mm Catback
Spulen boost pipes

Full street trim on 95 RON : 14.00

Haiiro GTi

Ready to race!
I guess no one is hitting the track these days. Well after many tires I got it down. Launch is on point, had this feeling and just knew car had it in her.

Fastest MK6 GTI on K04 running 100% pump gas, no meth no race gas.

[/URL][/IMG]

Last edited:

XGC75

Go Kart Champion
Wow, 11.94@116, 1.88 60' is awesome.

What all are your mods? 93/91 oct? Tires? Trans?

Sspcivic31

Go Kart Champion
I guess no one is hitting the track these days. Well after many tires I got it down. Launch is on point, had this feeling and just knew car had it in her.

Fastest MK6 GTI on K04 running 100% pump gas, no meth no race gas.
Good Job!!!
you arent the only one hitting the track, but your the only one getting anywhere it looks like.

went to the track last night and first pass got the clutch disc welded to the flywheel. argh. hello 15 sec coasting pass. came out of the hole ok but that was it. waited like 3 hours for the car to cool off and managed to start the car in 4th gear and got it unstuck. drove around a bit and said the hell with it. went made another pass. went 12.9@112.25 grinding into 3rd. said hell with it again went 12.7 @ 113 0n a 2.1 60ft. meh.
better news is the 3rd gear synchro is done. grinds up or down shifting unless you really baby it. clutch is done too. engages and stutters right on the floor. yay i get to pull the trans out and take it apart again.:thumbdown:

only real positives out of the trip were the car is still drivable, and i met Velociraptor Thrust and some other VW guys. The 10 or so minutes we chatted was the highlight of the track outing.

Hoosier Daddy1

Ready to race!
Will be heading to the track this weekend.

Stage 2 with DSG Flash
Stage 2 Intake
DevilsOwn Progressive Water Meth (60/40 by weight)
Spulen Boost Pipes
GFB DV+
BC BR Coilovers
Goodyear F1's (225/40/18)
Going to take out rear seats and spare wheel

fast2ghl

Ready to race!

Went tonight, first time with K04 at track. Went 6 times down, all 6 times were never slower then 111mph, and managed a best of the night at 13.36 @ 111.15mph.

I know its not the fastest, but I'm happy, no funny tricks for the drag like spare removal, low pressure tires etc. 100 percent how it sits on the street, full tank of gas, full weight.

My 60ft time is shit. If that was down a bit I'd be dippin into 12's me thinks.

DubDriver17

Oval Newbie
Yea you should be able to run a time like that with just a stage 2 tune and bolt ons. It would require lowering tire pressure though. Id be interested to see what you run if you do lower pressure to around 18-20.

Nodnarb

Passed Driver's Ed
good times

Just wondering what the guys with experience would recommend on a stage 2 car. The 26" slicks or the 225 45 17 Hoosiers? Also I saw a few comments in this thread about the turbo piping making a difference to et's and trap speeds. I've been to the track once and made a 13.7 @ 102.5 with a 2.3 60 foot. Apr stage 2, intake, dp, exhaust, 100 octane map and vp 109 fuel. I'd really like to improve this time a lot before a turbo upgrade. Any suggestions would be appreciated.

Motodude310

Go Kart Champion
Hello there. Mods are APR KO4, Ohlins coilovers, SPM full mounts plus 75a HPA puck, turbo outlet and throttlebody pipes, SPM 3" straight pipe mated to stock catback, SPM V2 intercooler, AEM water meth controller spraying one 250 cc nozzle via a tb spacer and 16x7.5 et45 12 pound wheels with 16" 50/225 Hoosiers. I have a video, but not of this particular run. Here is my time slip and i will try to embed a video of my 12.8 run.