GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Official Golf MK6 2.0 TSI 1/4 Mile Thread

gustkiller

Ready to race!
225/50/16
I'm racing again on weds. I know a 1.85 is doable.
Great! Here in Brasil we usually race 1/8 miles . if I make your time here the world will fall apart here in my state. Your time is the same as a tuned Audi RS3 on summer tires.

How many psi / lbs / pressure on the tyres?

Last edited:

Grandturismo

Ready to race!
12.257 @ 114.95 mph, (grandturismo) MK6 GTI Manual, APR Stage3, M&H Slicks, Sunoco 104, 1320kgs

Last edited:

Haiiro GTi

Ready to race!
Im baccckkkkkkk!

Ok so after my 12.0@115 pass back in June. I took time off from racing seeing its hot as balls here in Orlando Fl.

Car is pretty much done and ready for the fall and winter cooler weather and ready to hit track. With 120k+ miles car goes in the shop for timing goodies. Car will under go a few extra goodies as well.
New MH slick and ASA 17" wheels "weighting in @ 20 pounds should help drop those 60 foots
Also might throw these light weight oem size rotors on with new hawk pads.
Also a few weeks ago I refreshed the oem CHRA. Also hit the exhaust manifold and coldside with a fresh port and polish The CHRA was poss to get a 10 degree exhaust wheel clipping but lady in charge of shipping at my turbo shop didnt know my item was getting worked on and thought I purchased a new oem part and just sent it out to me. I was like fu(kkkkk!!!!! oh well didnt feel like waiting so I put the oem CHRA ON and now I have an extra CHRA. I'll prob send it out for upgraded 10 degree wheel clipping at some point or just sell it dont know yet.

Keep an eye out folk shooting to be one of few GIAC EXTREME Cars in the 11's

Here are pics:

Haiiro GTi

Ready to race!
Just an update. :thumbup::beer::thumbup:

Slicks are on, need to roll fender now and go up 4 or 5 threads on coilovers.
Timing chain and tensioner done. And i was just in time for my oem tensioner with 120k+ mile was about to take a crap. I cant belive it lasted this long with all the launches and 1/4 pass done on motor. Car feel much smoother happy.

Pics:

Haiiro GTi

Ready to race!
Projext K04 does it again!......
Ok folks So I decided to hit the rollers saturday morning and was super shocked at the outcome. Last time on the roller I made 380whp on race file and ran 12.4@110-112 on pump gas with meth and 12.0@115 on race gas with meth back in june. Only changes made form then was dsg tune, new oem k04 CHRA, new timing chain tensioner and guide, and boost is around 25psi. Car made 416whp and 407-408wtq on pump gas and meth and race file pulled a crazy 430whp and 414wtq on a mustang dyno.
So went to track on sunday and my times for sure backed up my dyne. Running on full slicks " still have to get use to them" but car pulled a 12.1@114.9. I think its safe to say that the fastest on pump gas and meth. Anyways here are some pics and video will come shorty. Enjoy!

Pump gas and meth

100oct and meth

Track DA and Temps on Sunday

1/4 mile times on pump gas and meth

recognized1

Go Kart Champion
^
Two of those slips look awfully familiar :bellyroll:

So yesterday I had the pleasure of joining Haiiro GTi as car #111 and break his K03 turbo record with a 12.62 @ 107.54. Here are the time slips of my three runs yesterday.

Slip #1 I broke it by .01 of a sec and trapped a new best @ 109.43 MPH (Also a record)

Slip #2 is the record run

Slip #3 Best 60ft time but I shifted too early from 2nd to 3rd

Here are the official list of mods for these runs.

APR Stage 2 ECU Upgrade (v1.2) on 100 Octane tune
APR Stage 1 DSG Tune
APR Carbonio Stage 1 CAI w/ AEM Dryflow Air Filter
APR Intercooler
Koni Coilovers
Godspeed Downpipe with Mandrel Bend Solutions 200 Cell Cat
Magnaflow Catback Exhaust
Neuspeed Turbo Discharge Pipe
Neuspeed Air Charge Pipe
BFI Stage 1 Torque Engine Mount Insert
Audi R8 Coilpacks
Duralast Gold ETX16L Lightweight Battery
Hoosiers 225/45/17 Drag Radials borrowed from Haiiro GTi
Sunoco 260 GT Gas (100 Octane)
Removed Spare Tire and Rear Seats
DA as listed above was @ 326.59

Special thanks to Haiiro GTi for his guidance and of course his tires! :thumbsup:

trd420

Go Kart Champion
Projext K04 does it again!......
Ok folks So I decided to hit the rollers saturday morning and was super shocked at the outcome. Last time on the roller I made 380whp on race file and ran 12.4@110-112 on pump gas with meth and 12.0@115 on race gas with meth back in june. Only changes made form then was dsg tune, new oem k04 CHRA, new timing chain tensioner and guide, and boost is around 25psi. Car made 416whp and 407-408wtq on pump gas and meth and race file pulled a crazy 430whp and 414wtq on a mustang dyno.
So went to track on sunday and my times for sure backed up my dyne. Running on full slicks " still have to get use to them" but car pulled a 12.1@114.9. I think its safe to say that the fastest on pump gas and meth. Anyways here are some pics and video will come shorty. Enjoy!

Pump gas and meth

100oct and meth

Track DA and Temps on Sunday

1/4 mile times on pump gas and meth

^

So yesterday I had the pleasure of joining Haiiro GTi as car #111 and break his K03 turbo record with a 12.62 @ 107.54. Here are the time slips of my three runs yesterday.

Slip #1 I broke it by .01 of a sec and trapped a new best @ 109.43 MPH (Also a record)

APR Stage 1 DSG Tune
APR Intercooler
Koni Coilovers
Neuspeed Air Charge Pipe
Audi R8 Coilpacks

Special thanks to Haiiro GTi for his guidance and of course his tires! :thumbsup:

Haiiro great Dyno numbers.. Giac extreme file looks great.. Both great times at the track especially for stage 2

gti330ex1

Ready to race!
^

APR Stage 1 DSG Tune
APR Intercooler
Koni Coilovers
Neuspeed Air Charge Pipe
Audi R8 Coilpacks

Wow... good shit man! Were you able to use launch control with the slicks? Any slippage in 2nd?

Aprox how much weight do you think you shaved off w/ rear seat removal? And the spare is what, approximately 50lbs?

Pailly19

I have hit 113.xx on my ko4 with uni, however I was spinning my drag radials and ran a 13.3 something

Haiiro GTi

Ready to race!
Wow... good shit man! Were you able to use launch control with the slicks? Any slippage in 2nd?

Aprox how much weight do you think you shaved off w/ rear seat removal? And the spare is what, approximately 50lbs?

Na man no issue with dog and slicks. Honestly i like the slicks way better than the Drag radials. everything feel much smoother. like less wear and tear on trans. launching feels like butter with no wheel hop or harsh movements. I love the slicks. just gatt a find the rite psi to cut 1.7 and 1.8.

Yea man all the back seat and tire and crap is about 60+ pounds. spare tire is 32-36 pounds if i remember correctly and the heavy side on the back seat is 37.6 pounds, small part of back seat is like 10 pounds or so. the bottom seat cushion is like 6-8 pounds. crap adds up man take it out and see how the car feels :thumbsup::happyanim: