GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Official Golf MK6 2.0 TSI 1/4 Mile Thread

recognized1

Go Kart Champion
Wow... good shit man! Were you able to use launch control with the slicks? Any slippage in 2nd?

Aprox how much weight do you think you shaved off w/ rear seat removal? And the spare is what, approximately 50lbs?

Yes, I had my APR DSG tune set @3200 RPM for launch control. The drag radials hooked each time right as I shifted into 2nd.

I never specifically weighted each piece but if I were to guess I would say I saved close to 120lbs.

Haiiro GTi

Ready to race!
I have hit 113.xx on my ko4 with uni, however I was spinning my drag radials and ran a 13.3 something

U still have much to learn about drag racing. If u were spinning drag radials that mean u prob cut a 2.0-2.3 60 foot which results in higher trap speeds and but slower ET time. If u had cut a 1.8 or low 1.9 yur trap speed would drop from 113 to 110-111 and u would run a mid 12 sec pass. :thumbsup:

Haiiro GTi

Ready to race!
Yes, I had my APR DSG tune set @3200 RPM for launch control. The drag radials hooked each time right as I shifted into 2nd.

I never specifically weighted each piece but if I were to guess I would say I saved close to 120lbs.

yea bro all the crap in the back is about 100 pounds

recognized1

Go Kart Champion
Sorry man yur boy missed half of yur 12.6 run and it was all blurred up :eek::confused::(

And lousy 12.8 cmon bro u did good man not many k04 cars can run a 12.8 :thumbsup::w00t:

Damnit Hector! I was joking about the 12.8 what about the other two guys that you borrowed the go pro from?

Gunz5223

Passed Driver's Ed
Not sure if this is still live but first time down the track and loved it.
1) 2012 GTI 2door
2) DSG
3)Stock Detroit's and Pirellis
4)Full weight including spare
5)93 Oct just over 1/2 tank
6)APR Carbonio Stage 1 Intake
7)Bradenton Motorsports Park
First(left) and last run

Tail wind-ish

2012 Tornado Red GTI DSG
APR Carbonio Stg1 intake

gti330ex1

Ready to race!
Na man no issue with dog and slicks. Honestly i like the slicks way better than the Drag radials. everything feel much smoother. like less wear and tear on trans. launching feels like butter with no wheel hop or harsh movements. I love the slicks. just gatt a find the rite psi to cut 1.7 and 1.8.

Yea man all the back seat and tire and crap is about 60+ pounds. spare tire is 32-36 pounds if i remember correctly and the heavy side on the back seat is 37.6 pounds, small part of back seat is like 10 pounds or so. the bottom seat cushion is like 6-8 pounds. crap adds up man take it out and see how the car feels :thumbsup::happyanim:

Good to know. Slicks are the way to go, cheapest investment IMO for the strip. That's a good amount of weight. nicely done!

Hmm.. interesting on that launch control set. I would think closer to 2000RPM would be more suitable for our cars at stage 1or 2 levels. Did you also preset your shift points for the S mode? If I remember correctly from your videos you were shifting manually.

Man... now I want slicks. :eek:

recognized1

Go Kart Champion
Hmm.. interesting on that launch control set. I would think closer to 2000RPM would be more suitable for our cars at stage 1or 2 levels. Did you also preset your shift points for the S mode? If I remember correctly from your videos you were shifting manually.

:

2k launch is good for street tires.

I shift manually. I wish I could set my shift points on S mode with the APR tune but the way APR has it set up it is suppose to help you stay in the power range on S drive. However, I notice sometimes it shifts too soon and other times too late.

gti330ex1

Ready to race!
2k launch is good for street tires.

I shift manually. I wish I could set my shift points on S mode with the APR tune but the way APR has it set up it is suppose to help you stay in the power range on S drive. However, I notice sometimes it shifts too soon and other times too late.

I will try to remember that next time I'm on the strip. I believe 1.5K is as high as I went with launch while on stage1 or 2. I'll typically just roll of the start.

It would be cool if you could set your own shift points. That's weird. I'm sticking with factory software. Going manual would be the only route I'd choose over the current computerized software.

jaymart

Hey guys im new to the GolfMK6. Got my GTI in august as my new project.
Did some pre tuning runs @ Capitol Raceway this past Saturday.
Car is Bone stock. All i did was remove the spare tire. Tires were stock Pirelli's on 18" Detroits. All runs were dead close.
Now hooking up with New German Perfomance to try to get some 11's on a K04 setup. Hopefully have that ready for upcoming spring season!

Last edited:

recognized1

Go Kart Champion
Took it to the track at FixxFest yesterday.

No new records set but had a great time. My 3 best runs.

Supporting mod list:

APR Stage 2 ECU Upgrade (v1.2) on 100 Octane tune
APR Stage 1 DSG Tune
APR Carbonio Stage 1 CAI w/ AEM Dryflow Air Filter
APR Intercooler
Koni Coilovers
Godspeed Downpipe with Mandrel Bend Solutions 200 Cell Cat
Magnaflow Catback Exhaust
Neuspeed Turbo Discharge Pipe
Neuspeed Air Charge Pipe
034 Motorsport Street Density Engine and Transmission Mounts
BFI Stage 1 Torque Engine Mount Insert
Audi R8 Coilpacks
Duralast Gold ETX16L Lightweight Battery
Hoosiers 225/45/17 Drag Radials
Sunoco 260 GT Gas (100 Octane)
Removed Spare Tire and Rear Seats
DA @ 1484 ft

Haiiro GTi

Ready to race!
Seeing everyone is slacking. I hit the track yesterday

Times:

Conditions:

As soon as we have some colds nights here in orlando, I will have a better shot of getting car in the 11's on pump gas and meth.

jaymart

Seeing everyone is slacking. I hit the track yesterday

Times:

Conditions:

As soon as we have some colds nights here in orlando, I will have a better shot of getting car in the 11's on pump gas and meth.

Nice times man! What's the setup? k04? Tune?