GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Official Integrated Engineering MK6 2.0T Performance Products Thread

GunMetalGTI

Go Kart Champion
The issue is that they are behind their initial schedule. I've been in touch with Tyler since before I ordered. I'm fine with waiting but the fact remains is that the manifold is a paper weight until a proper tune comes out which honestly should be out right now. This sh$t isn't easy so I don't mind waiting until the spring which would put it at a full year since release but if nothing is out before then I think I would have to just return it.

I bought the manifold because the stock one is shit and always throws codes. I like having some gains and sound improvement but I bought it for the full package and the fact that it would be supported by software. The meth ports are great too. Will probably get a kit for that just to try to keep things clean. Not for an aggressive tune. I'm finishing my build and want to stop dumping money into this car and look to the next project.

I'm sure they will get it worked out in time......it's just that at some point we are going to need a solid update because when you get into a full year of not having the software part of it complete it just gets to be a bit much.

With that said I think the software is basically all done and the issue is that they want a solid "distribuition" method and don't want to half ass things. They want to have port flashing or a really up to date way for us to get the program and be able to do all of the things that apr and uni do. As far as I know the software is basically done though. That's my 2 cents. I may be off....but I've been willing to wait because I don't see anyone else like UNI APR or you name it....putting out a manifold and offering tuning.....plus I have faith in Integrated because they basically make some of the best hardware out there for our vehicles if not the best in my experience.

Can you tell I'm board at work? I would just hope for an update before the end of the year and then something end of January at least. I mean it's kind of important to somebody who put out 1k and hasn't been able to install lol

Busting Tyler's balls but he know's I mean well. I think this manifold all said and done with a correct tune and meth is just going to be Tittts and how the car should be and the perfect finishing touch.

Pound

Ready to race!
I think this manifold all said and done with a correct tune and meth is just going to be Tittts and how the car should be and the perfect finishing touch.

This manifold/tune is the only reason I haven't gone BT yet. With meth on 94 I this should be right around GT28 power which is all I want for my CC. I just need this power package to release before I spend my money on dumb stuff :(

greasyginzo

Go Kart Champion
I am willing to bet that they are waiting for cold weather so they can test and tune cold start. They said awhile back that they were looking into renting out a refrigerated space to iron out the cold start but I doubt that panned out since there is no IM software yet.

bbg

Passed Driver's Ed
Anyone knows if the IE FDS IC would fit with Neuspeed TOP/TDP? thanks

Tyler@IE

Go Kart Newbie
Sorry about the late responses guys, forums have been slow and for some reason I stopped getting notices on updates for this thread. Let me catch up.

K04 software update?

Hey, now that we are getting cold weather we can really dial in the cold start issues on that tune. To be 100% honest we have a lot of files that need to be released and I'll lay it all out on the table for the long wait. We are facing two very large issues holding us back on your TSI software.

1. There are a lot of ECUs. The Golf R for example has one ECU code, so essentially one file fills all those cars... easy. The TSI has many, many, many ECU codes and each and everyone needs to be modified and run tested. This takes time, a lot of it. We have been collecting tons of ECU codes and tuning them here locally. Lots of TSI cars running around her ewith IE tunes now (and killing it vs. other tunes as well).

2. Software delivery. Early last year we were working very close with another company that promised us flash tools that we could distribute to our dealers and customers to flash the tunes. After a very large investment they did not work with the MED17 ECU. Writing files for it, including intake manifold files is no problem... delivering it to you easily is. Even though we have been tuning these engines for a very long time it has always been for local cars, product development and testing, and race teams so offering as a global product is new. That takes time to get the ship off the ground. Tuning is easy, distribution is work. Since then we have added a software engineer to our team to develop our own software distribution tools. It will take a lot of work, but it will be far worth the effort.

i dont care about the tune....i just had a question about misfires and if it would be cool to run it without the tune hahaha

You can run without a tune, but the misfires will be pretty bad on a TSI... especially in low temperature cold weather. In certain climates,, the car could very well be un-driveable until it reaches temp.

greasyginzo

Go Kart Champion
Why not reverse engineer anyone of the flashing tools already on the market? Seems like a no brainer.

Or just start with mail-in flashing. It seems everyday you are losing potential customers from an already super saturated market pool. I was one of those customers you lost. I really wanted to wait for the 2IMko4 software but shit took to long and I went BT. I would however consider your manifold if you started making big turbo software.

HYDE161

Go Kart Champion
Why not reverse engineer anyone of the flashing tools already on the market? Seems like a no brainer.

Or just start with mail-in flashing. It seems everyday you are losing potential customers from an already super saturated market pool. I was one of those customers you lost. I really wanted to wait for the 2IMko4 software but shit took to long and I went BT. I would however consider your manifold if you started making big turbo software.

Get the manifold, head to UM for custom tune. I have a Golf R IE manifold owner who swapped to a UM tune with the manifold. Granted, he hasn't faced winter cold starts but we'll see.

greasyginzo

Go Kart Champion
Get the manifold, head to UM for custom tune. I have a Golf R IE manifold owner who swapped to a UM tune with the manifold. Granted, he hasn't faced winter cold starts but we'll see.

Yea that thought crossed my mind but Im not all that interested in the manifold at the moment

baniels

Ready to race!
Are the CAIs still on target for mid March as it says on the site? That would be this coming week. I'm interested.

And has anyone on here done a review or install thread for this CAI? I've looked but had no luck finding any. Maybe it's too new?

Thanks.

EDIT: Found some threads by searching IE intake.

Last edited: