GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Official Integrated Engineering MK6 2.0T Performance Products Thread

Dr Dad

Drag Race Newbie
Are the CAIs still on target for mid March as it says on the site? That would be this coming week. I'm interested.

And has anyone on here done a review or install thread for this CAI? I've looked but had no luck finding any. Maybe it's too new?

Thanks.

Install is as easy as most intakes. It sounds amazing and you can feel the greater air flow at the top of the rpm range. I would strongly recommend this intake for its amazing quality and price.

baniels

Ready to race!
Ordered!

Install is as easy as most intakes. It sounds amazing and you can feel the greater air flow at the top of the rpm range. I would strongly recommend this intake for its amazing quality and price.

SnailPower

Autocross Newbie
Any word on a group buy for the IE intake? Would so jump on it if so. Meantime I'm browsing...

st0w

Passed Driver's Ed
Are the CAIs still on target for mid March as it says on the site? That would be this coming week. I'm interested.

Probably another two weeks... I ordered one back in February that UPS lost after putting it on the truck for delivery to my house. :cry: I've been waiting for IE to have them back in stock so they can send me a replacement, but the most recent update I got from them this week is that it should be "within the next two weeks."

baniels

Ready to race!
...but the most recent update I got from them this week is that it should be "within the next two weeks."

That's what I heard as well. I ordered on Sunday and on Monday they let me know it would be 1-2 weeks.

SnailPower

Autocross Newbie
That's what I heard as well. I ordered on Sunday and on Monday they let me know it would be 1-2 weeks.

Any word on Spring sales for IE or if it will go back to the $299.99 price tag?

Tyler@IE

Go Kart Newbie
That intake just came off introductory sale pricing, it probably won't have another sale price for some time, sorry guys. As for orders, these should be back in stock this week and shipping. Sorry about the wait, we amped up the production on these like crazy and should not see another back-order anytime soon!

st0w

Passed Driver's Ed
As for orders, these should be back in stock this week and shipping.

I love the products you guys make, and I intend to buy more in the future, you've got a great story/history/culture, and the people I've talked to there are all really friendly and helpful - but I'll believe these will be shipping when I see it! :p I've heard it too many times already with regard to this CAI that I paid for back in February... :rolleyes:

st0w

Passed Driver's Ed
I love the products you guys make, and I intend to buy more in the future, you've got a great story/history/culture, and the people I've talked to there are all really friendly and helpful - but I'll believe these will be shipping when I see it! :p I've heard it too many times already with regard to this CAI that I paid for back in February... :rolleyes:

Ok, timing is everything. :) Literally two minutes after I posted that, I got an e-mail from Daniel@IE that my intake is on its way! :D

So I'm eating my words. :bonk: Thanks IE!

Here's a recap of my (unique) situation. Ordered the CAI from Modded Euros at 12pm EST, solely because they offered free shipping and listed it as "In stock, ships same business day." When it hadn't shipped by the end of the next business day, I inquired and was told "we'll post tracking info when we have it." They provided no estimate, and didn't respond to my inquiry as to why they promised a date they couldn't deliver. Of course, it was because the CAI was drop-shipped from IE and the vendor had no control over it. Which is fine. But they shouldn't have promised something they couldn't deliver.

Anyway. Intake was shipped by IE. After being listed as "Out for Delivery" by UPS, it never showed. UPS lost the package. I filed a claim, and notified both Modded Euros and IE. I received a single e-mail from Modded Euros in response to my initial report that the intake was lost, and they said "We are looking into this claim with UPS. The IE intakes though are on backorder again with us and IE. So we really can't ship anything else until more come back in stock." That's literally the entire message, and the only thing I've heard from them since this occurred. Not sure why they're claiming "they" can't ship it when IE does the shipping. I also don't know why they said they were looking into the claim with UPS - as I learned during this process, UPS will not reveal *any* information about claims to anybody, except the shipper. They won't even give updates to the receiver, even if you are the one that filed the claim. Since Modded Euros is a third-party to this transaction, there's nothing for them to look into. UPS wouldn't have told them a thing.

That was the last I ever heard from Modded Euros. That was one month ago, and they've never followed up on a purchase I made that I never received. Mind you, I was their customer - I made a $350 purchase from them. And it'll be the last purchase I ever make from them.

Meanwhile, Daniel at IE has been super responsive and very helpful throughout the process. He's kept me apprised of the status, and even expedited the shipping of the replacement. I didn't even buy it directly from IE, and it wasn't their fault it was lost - it was UPS's fault.

So thanks IE! Bad situations happen, but how a company handles them is the real definition of their character. I'll gladly be ordering directly from you guys when I buy your FMIC... and probably your intake manifold... ....and the oil catch can looks pretty nice, too.

baniels

Ready to race!
Glad they sorted you out. I got my tracking number a couple days ago as well.

For anyone else waiting to pull the trigger, they have taken off the out of stock listing from their website.

So thanks IE! Bad situations happen, but how a company handles them is the real definition of their character. I'll gladly be ordering directly from you guys when I buy your FMIC... and probably your intake manifold... ....and the oil catch can looks pretty nice, too.

SnailPower

Autocross Newbie
Throw us a discount code or somethin! I wanna buy it but the CBFA engine+shipping adds nearly $50 bucks on to the order. BlAh!