GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Official Integrated Engineering MK6 2.0T Performance Products Thread

SnailPower

Autocross Newbie
Doesn't modded euros sell it?

Love you dude in a non-homo way.

Just scored it off that site with FREE Shipping + the golfmk6 forum discount code. I just literally saved nearly 50 dollars as my total came out to 351.49. THANK YOU. :w00t:

Pmanpop

Go Kart Champion
Love you dude in a non-homo way.

Just scored it off that site with FREE Shipping + the golfmk6 forum discount code. I just literally saved nearly 50 dollars as my total came out to 351.49. THANK YOU. :w00t:

Haha hell yeah! Modded Euros is the best

SnailPower

Autocross Newbie
Had some time today. Got her in! Install took a tad more than an hour, but overall, pretty smooth :D
Sorry for the dark pic, it was getting pretty dark as I was driving around having a blast before realizing it had gotten late and I had to take the pic in the dark, lol :D

SnailPower

Autocross Newbie
Now for my initial impressions... holy cow! Completely forgot how much fun an intake was on a turbo car. The suction sound is very strong and intense. I mean, it sounds like it's mad. Then when I left off, a very nice crackle that sounds at times like thunder. Could it be that I have the GFB DV+ as well? No clue, but it's awesome. It's like a less annoying BOV and more appropriate sounding.
Honestly, the only reason I got into the intake idea was because Stg2 requires it, but I'm kind of glad because I forgot how cool the damn sound is. On top of that, the car did feel more responsive immediately when hitting the gas as opposed to before. I guess it really lets it breathe now compared to before it being all choked up on the stock box.

Install, went smooth. Only real PITA was getting a tiny drive behind the center bolt of the stock intake to remove it near the heat shield, and then removing the two clamps attaching the stock pipe to the turbo. I mean, my hands are fairly skinny (but large), and I had a hell of a time trying to get the right angle to work with using a pretty short plier.
Once it was off though, the install of the new one was a breeze. Loving the cleaner look. Feel like I took out a bad cavity the car suffered from by removing that big plastic airbox, lol.

Midknight1

Ready to race!
Nice. Considering replacing my carbonio with this down the line

Sent from the future

R0bL0gic

Ready to race!
How about an update on the TSI K04 tune...

SnailPower

Autocross Newbie
Day 3 driving impressions. Still smiling and all giddy driving around letting off the DV sound because it's amplied I think due to the large mouth on the filter, but what do I know.
1 thing for sure, until I get tired of this, my mpg is TANKING. I'm constantly accelerating with a little boost backing it up just to hear the vacuuming and blow off :D
I'm sure I'd probably gain MPG with this, however until I get bored, nope. :thumbup:

SnailPower

Autocross Newbie
Does anyone have a stage 1 GTI with Integrated Engineering? I'm curious what you guys think of it. Thanks in advance :)

I am currently Stage 1 with it and no DP.
This will not be the case come Friday :D

However, with the time being as I am Stg1 with the intake, I'm not sure if it makes all that much a difference that I can notice. I mean 5hp or so isn't going to be noticable in the long run. The sound, for sure. The powa, not so much.

Like I've always said and maintain, Intakes are practically a waste of $$$, however as I couldn't get my Stg2 upgrade without it, I ended up buying one and made the choice to go with IE based off all the glowing reviews. I'm not disappointed in that aspect. :thumbup:

Dr Dad

Drag Race Newbie
I am currently Stage 1 with it and no DP.

This will not be the case come Friday :D

However, with the time being as I am Stg1 with the intake, I'm not sure if it makes all that much a difference that I can notice. I mean 5hp or so isn't going to be noticable in the long run. The sound, for sure. The powa, not so much.

Like I've always said and maintain, Intakes are practically a waste of $$$, however as I couldn't get my Stg2 upgrade without it, I ended up buying one and made the choice to go with IE based off all the glowing reviews. I'm not disappointed in that aspect. :thumbup:

Intakes make gains on a stage 2 car, so I don't see how they're a waste of money.

SnailPower

Autocross Newbie
Intakes make gains on a stage 2 car, so I don't see how they're a waste of money.

Does it? Or is it the tune that makes the gains? You can't have the tune without the intake, so how do you know it's not the tune that really provided the gains?

Dr Dad

Drag Race Newbie
Does it? Or is it the tune that makes the gains? You can't have the tune without the intake, so how do you know it's not the tune that really provided the gains?

I know ECS also posted dynos, but I'm too lazy to find them.
This is stock intake vs. ECS intake:

Also, having driven my stage 2 car (when I had the old APR tune) the change in power was extremely noticeable.