GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

OFFICIAL OHIO MKVI CLUB

CLEsonny

Ready to race!
My rear is tinted pretty heavily. Hard to say what percentage. I just got the car, hope I don't get pulled over. North Canton cops are always looking for a reason to pull people over.

It doesn't matter how dark your rear windows are tinted. Just front.

clownish

just clowning around
It doesn't matter how dark your rear windows are tinted. Just front.

Truth. Can be limo in the rear no problem. For the fronts 35% is usually very safe and 20% just cautious. I'm fishbowl status myself at 55%. Don't need to be calling any more attention to myself...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

zalani

Passed Driver's Ed
The law (from what I remember) is 50% in the front and as dark as you want in the rear. Nothing on the front windshield. I have 20% all around.

It all depends on where you go in Cleveland. I usually drive in rush hour traffic, so there aren't a lot of cops just sitting around looking to pull someone over for no front plate and tint (I don't think so).

I mainly stay on the west side of Cleveland. Rocky River is pretty bad with pulling people over, but don't really bother me. I am there on a daily basis to workout. I live in Lakewood and they also don't bother me, but I've heard stories about them bothering people. I live 2 blocks away from the police station too. I always wave to them too if I pull up next to them. If the weather permits, I'll roll my front windows down while driving or when I see a cop. Or I'll drive with my moon roof open.

I had 20% in my previous Accord, but I had tan interior and lived mostly in Toledo at the time. Cops out there had bigger problems haha.

A few cities are dicks about window tint (Parma, Linndale). Just drive smart and blend in.

Hope this helps!

edit: to answer your question - no, I have not been bothered about my window tint.

Truth. Can be limo in the rear no problem. For the fronts 35% is usually very safe and 20% just cautious. I'm fishbowl status myself at 55%. Don't need to be calling any more attention to myself...

Good to know. Thanks Guys. I think i might just go 50% to be safe. :thumbsup:

CLEsonny

Ready to race!

Besides the fact that everyone thinks that you are me and I am you.

Bleety17

Getting ready to part out my 2014 GTI. Ive been itching to pick up a MK7.

Posting here before I post in the Classifieds section because I would rather do local pickup

-Depo LED Tails
-APR Downpipe
-APR Carbonio CAI

I only have 8800 miles on my car. my Euro Tails have been on there the longest
CAI and Downpipe have been on there since around 4500

Anyone looking to go APR stage 2?

Make me an offer if interested.

Last edited:

clownish

just clowning around
Getting ready to part out my 2014 GTI. Ive been itching to pick up a MK7.

Posting here before I post in the Classifieds section because I would rather do local pickup

-Depo LED Tails
-APR Downpipe
-APR Carbonio CAI

I only have 8800 miles on my car. my Euro Tails have been on there the longest
CAI and Downpipe have been on there since around 4500

Anyone looking to go APR stage 2?

Make me an offer if interested.

Are the Depos Cherry or tinted or blacked?

Bleety17

I believe they are dark cherry. Pm me your email and I'll send you some pics

clownish

just clowning around

#clevelandovereverything

Bleety17

I might be interested in stage 2 parts

HS Tuning installed both. I was planning on heading up there this week or next to get the parts removed and get the stock ones put back on.

Just let me know.

ReznorsApostle

Ready to race!
Anyone have a single oem Detroit for sale? I have a bent one and looking to replace so I can properly rotate and all that