GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV
  • Has your username changed as part of the site merger and want it changed back? If the other version of your username isn't being used, send Gulfer a PM and we can probably fix it for you

Official Revo Product and Information Thread

Chris@Revo USA

Go Kart Champion
Stock plugs and gap are fine, don't close the gap unless you are having issues with misfires at peak boost.

You can go to a 1 step colder iridium, we did in testing but not every car seems to need them.

09GTIJOE

Go Kart Champion
I have a question, I don't know if its been covered

on the FSI/mk5 platform, you can adjust boost, timing, and fuel. how come this option isn't available for TSI/MK6?

what should the k04 file on 93 octane file be boosting?

dafuture

Go Kart Champion
Put the factory DV in and log boost with VCDS. You have a leak some where in the system.
Thanks Jeff, that's what I'm going to do. I'm already running a factory DV, but I haven't had a chance to run logs yet. I will report back when I figure out what's going on.

WildRover1916

Just got Stage 1 the other day when I had to put a brand new engine in my 2010. looking forward to stretching its legs once I get through the engine break in period.

GertieGTI

Ready to race!
Does a stage 2 CBFA vehicle still retain the cold start feature?

Apparently this is for better emissions as the catalytic converter is not up to operating temperature. So I'm wondering since a downpipe is required for stage 2 and most aftermarket cats are in the second downstream location if the cold startup feature would still serve a function? Also the CEL you would receive from a cat inefficiency is disabled on a stage 2 tune.

Sales@funktion

Ready to race!
The Waterfest 22 software sale is LIVE: 20% OFF performance software!

No need to attend Waterfest 22 to take advantage of the sale, simply visit your local authorized Revo dealer between 7/13 and 8/3/2016 to save 20% on Revo performance software.

Make an appointment with your local Revo dealer today! http://www.revotechnik.com/dealer-locator

Last edited:

GreyGti1990

Ready to race!
Jeff,
Any reports of Revo's tune causing misfires at WOT at high Rpms (5k+) when the temperate is cold (45F or colder). Mine appears to be doing this along with someone else with a Revo stage 2 tune.

GreyGti1990

Ready to race!
Have you logged the car, or are there any codes?

I know logging the car would be ideal but I don't have access to doing so at this moment. I might be able to do it after xmas. I am not throwing any sort of hard CEL.

Below is a link to my thread I posted on here and it contains a link to a video of the problem:

http://www.golfmk6.com/forums/showthread.php?t=108750

I replaced my spark plugs 7k miles ago along with the fuel filter. Since then I have gapped the plugs to .028 and have installed a new battery with only a couple hundred miles on it.

I have red top coilpacks that have less than 7k miles on them as well.

I've also tighten all the clamps from the air intake all the way through to the throttle body and checked the PCV hoses as well.

This only seems to happen when it's cold outside (below 45F). In the 50's + these misfires go away.

I am Revo stage 2 with mods in my sig.

Just wondering if this is a known issue with Revo's tunes.

GreyGti1990

Ready to race!
Had the same symptoms. Did a carbon cleaning and went away.

Appears to be the first signs of carbon buildup. Thought carbon buildup would only cause misfires from cold starts and such.

Drove the car into work today while keeping the revs high (right around 4K rpms) then got on it for a 3rd gear pull as I got close to work and no misfires. Imagine that. Guess I should start saving for a carbon cleaning

Sales@funktion

Ready to race!
I know logging the car would be ideal but I don't have access to doing so at this moment. I might be able to do it after xmas. I am not throwing any sort of hard CEL.

Below is a link to my thread I posted on here and it contains a link to a video of the problem:

http://www.golfmk6.com/forums/showthread.php?t=108750

I replaced my spark plugs 7k miles ago along with the fuel filter. Since then I have gapped the plugs to .028 and have installed a new battery with only a couple hundred miles on it.

I have red top coilpacks that have less than 7k miles on them as well.

I've also tighten all the clamps from the air intake all the way through to the throttle body and checked the PCV hoses as well.

This only seems to happen when it's cold outside (below 45F). In the 50's + these misfires go away.

I am Revo stage 2 with mods in my sig.

Just wondering if this is a known issue with Revo's tunes.
Without checking for DTCs and logging the car, it's hard to say what is going on.

Please have the car properly logged and send the file to support@revotechnik.com so we can assist.

GertieGTI

Ready to race!
I am stage 2 as well and am getting an intermittent misfire or overboost at what I am assuming low temperatures as well. I'm in SoCal and am not an aggressive driver so I don't experience it often. Feels like almost hitting the rev limiter. It looses all power momentarily, falls on its face, loud bang in exhaust, then shifts(DSG) and keeps going at WOT.

I changed plugs to the NGK PFR7S8EG and installed R8 coil packs just before going stage 2. I'm at 56,000 mi and it may be the first sound of carbon build up as my mileage seems way down and I can no longer hit the 31mpg on the highway like I used to.

Can anyone point me to what parameters to log when looking to diagnose this. Luckily I invested in a Micro-CAN.

Lucky#Slevin

Ready to race!
So i went to install a revo stage 1 tune for my 2011 gti at my local revo dealer.. when i went on friday they went to do it and they said they didnt have a tune file for my vin.. He told me oh well maybe they deleted the file or updating it.. come back on Wednesday after new years. So he sends me an email today asking for my vin so he can contact revo and get the file for me in advance.. he just replied that revo has to build the tune for me and will take a couple of weeks???!! Wtf is going on here?? Why wouldnt revo have a file for my vin?? Arent there many mk6 gtis running stage 1 tunes.. i had a 25% black friday offer that they said they would honor but wtf is going on here? Is it just this local dealer giving me the run around?? Like i been waiting 3 years to tune my car and now this.. anyone have any idea?

FriggenT1

Banned
So i went to install a revo stage 1 tune for my 2011 gti at my local revo dealer.. when i went on friday they went to do it and they said they didnt have a tune file for my vin.. He told me oh well maybe they deleted the file or updating it.. come back on Wednesday after new years. So he sends me an email today asking for my vin so he can contact revo and get the file for me in advance.. he just replied that revo has to build the tune for me and will take a couple of weeks???!! Wtf is going on here?? Why wouldnt revo have a file for my vin?? Arent there many mk6 gtis running stage 1 tunes.. i had a 25% black friday offer that they said they would honor but wtf is going on here? Is it just this local dealer giving me the run around?? Like i been waiting 3 years to tune my car and now this.. anyone have any idea?
Yeah, get giac or UM instead

Lucky#Slevin

Ready to race!
^^ I see that UM is united Motorsport.. Which I found out that my local VW dealer offers.. I was mistaken they offer Tunes from HPA, APR and UM not GIAC.. I'm still waiting for a response from the REVO dealer as to why a tune file isn't available for my car.. Annoyed