GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Official Revo Product and Information Thread

dafuture

Go Kart Champion
I think it'll depend on whether or not you have the go fast bits DV. I'm stage 1 revo with the DV and my boost usually peaks around 20/22psi and holds around 18 till redline I think. + or - a few psi. Mods are in my sig

Thanks man, but even without the DV, I can't get out of vacuum in 1st and I'm only seeing 4-5psi in 2nd. All other gears function normally, and I have seen as high as 21psi on 4th. I'm trying to figure out what it could be.

09GTIJOE

Go Kart Champion
will Revo be coming out with any new updates on there current maps? or is the mk6 platform basically done with?

Chris@Revo USA

Go Kart Champion
will Revo be coming out with any new updates on there current maps? or is the mk6 platform basically done with?

There is a HUGE difference between updates and being done with something.

Right now there is no evidence that our tuning needs to be updated to fix problems or catch up to competitors power levels. So there is nothing for us to update at this time.

There are features that people have requested, not doing them doesn't mean we are done with this platform they are features we aren't interested in adding at this time even on vehicles coming out tomorrow. Some of it is simply lack of demand or time at the moment. Something like RFD is interesting but really a money loser from the tuning side so when there is real demand maybe we'll look into it for these.

We are actually looking to get a "TSI" back into our in house fleet over in the UK just like we picked up another "FSI" there and have one here. When that happens there may be continued development on the engine, that doesn't mean updates will necessarily come because again there isn't anything to update.

09GTIJOE

Go Kart Champion
whats the recommend spark plug gap for revo 91 and 93 octane file (k04)?

Chris@Revo USA

Go Kart Champion
Stock plugs and gap are fine, don't close the gap unless you are having issues with misfires at peak boost.

You can go to a 1 step colder iridium, we did in testing but not every car seems to need them.

09GTIJOE

Go Kart Champion
I have a question, I don't know if its been covered

on the FSI/mk5 platform, you can adjust boost, timing, and fuel. how come this option isn't available for TSI/MK6?

what should the k04 file on 93 octane file be boosting?

dafuture

Go Kart Champion
Put the factory DV in and log boost with VCDS. You have a leak some where in the system.

Thanks Jeff, that's what I'm going to do. I'm already running a factory DV, but I haven't had a chance to run logs yet. I will report back when I figure out what's going on.

WildRover1916

Just got Stage 1 the other day when I had to put a brand new engine in my 2010. looking forward to stretching its legs once I get through the engine break in period.

GertieGTI

Ready to race!
Does a stage 2 CBFA vehicle still retain the cold start feature?

Apparently this is for better emissions as the catalytic converter is not up to operating temperature. So I'm wondering since a downpipe is required for stage 2 and most aftermarket cats are in the second downstream location if the cold startup feature would still serve a function? Also the CEL you would receive from a cat inefficiency is disabled on a stage 2 tune.

Sales@funktion

Ready to race!
The Waterfest 22 software sale is LIVE: 20% OFF performance software!

No need to attend Waterfest 22 to take advantage of the sale, simply visit your local authorized Revo dealer between 7/13 and 8/3/2016 to save 20% on Revo performance software.

Make an appointment with your local Revo dealer today! http://www.revotechnik.com/dealer-locator

Last edited:

GreyGti1990

Ready to race!
Jeff,
Any reports of Revo's tune causing misfires at WOT at high Rpms (5k+) when the temperate is cold (45F or colder). Mine appears to be doing this along with someone else with a Revo stage 2 tune.