GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Official Unitronic Chipped 2.0TSI Thread!

blingdub

Go Kart Newbie
hi John,

are there any plans to release more maps such as a valet map for uniconnect+?

John@Unitronic

Go Kart Champion
Great response John. As a satisfied Unitronic customer I can say that I have thoroughly enjoyed my software. While I feel satisfied with the software, there has been a few common issues with some customers such as acceleration problems and requested boost vs actual boost (with stage 2 software). I am sure that frequency of these issues are minimal, but again it seems to be a common subject.

I am definitely excited about Uniconnect+, I had ordered mine with KMD Tuning as soon as it was released. Unfortunately due to work, I have yet to get a chance to play with it. I will be reunited with my car in the next few weeks and definitely look forward to messing around with Uniconnect+ to upgrade my current stage.

Thanks for everything that you guys do and I really appreciate your feedback.:thumbup:

Yes, the frequency is extremely minimal. The fact that it's extremely minimal is one indication that it is not a calibration issue, otherwise it would be present on all / the majority of Clients using our software. If you or anyone else is experiencing any issues with our software, we're always here to assist in determining the cause of the issues experienced.

hi John,

are there any plans to release more maps such as a valet map for uniconnect+?

We do not have any plans on offering a valet map. Keep in mind that a valet map, which limits engine speed and/or vehicle speed, could potentially be dangerous for somebody using the vehicle that isn't notified / expecting such limitations being present. If the goal is to reduce output / limit power for another driver, reflashing to the stock map should be more than sufficient and also not run the potential danger as mentioned.

Jaber

Modero
Be nice if you guys came out with a phone app or handheld device like Cobb :D

Anytime I try to log with a laptop or my tablet running Windows 10, it's a pain in the butt.

John@Unitronic

Go Kart Champion
Will yall be offering flash tunes at a discount at SOWO this year? also any discount to the uniconnect+ at SOWO?

Unfortunately Southern Worthersee (SOWO) isn't happening anymore. The European Experience Hosted by Unitronic is the new event from the Sowo Partners (creaters of SOWO) and we will be in attendance. Unfortunately I can't foresee any promotions we'll have on-going, but be sure to keep an eye out for when the event gets closer!

mikeleemk6

Go Kart Champion
Just wanted to say John is the man...Always a pleasure to work with and even on the weekend when I got my uniconnect + I was having issues, he reached out within 5 min of emailing him. This unparalleled customer service is why I will never change tuning companies.

12bluemk6

Ready to race!
Just wanted to say John is the man...Always a pleasure to work with and even on the weekend when I got my uniconnect + I was having issues, he reached out within 5 min of emailing him. This unparalleled customer service is why I will never change tuning companies.
Agreed ?

Uni Stage 2 | SPM DP | Magnaflow CB | S3 IC | 034 Mounts | HPA Red Puck | FX350 Kit | BSH Intake | Rev D DV | DG SS | Driver mod ?

Gino

Ready to race!
Any chance of a Ethanol blend file like GIAC's clutchbuster tune?

Curious about this also. I was thinking it would be cool to run a mixture of e85 since one gas station near me offers it.

goose1

Ready to race!
I'll echo the amazing customer service that saved me some potential headaches.

Hey John, is there any chance of having a file that deletes the G611 radiator ozone sensor?

Sent from my XT1575 using Tapatalk

chris28house

Ready to race!
Are there any custom maps for the 2012 MK6 Stage 1+ with a full carbonio intake? I want to make sure my shop has everything needed.

And are there foreseeable Spring sales approaching?

Thank you!

chris28house

Ready to race!
We have no immediate plans to revise our Stage 1/Stage 1+/Stage 2 performance software calibration offerings at this time for the EA888 Gen1/2 platform, as the calibrations are proven to provide maximum performance while maintaining complete OEM-like reliability and drivability. We released this video back in March of 2014, which shows 264 whp / 292 wtq using our Stage 2 Software calibration, using our Dynapack Hub Dyno. Feel free to compare this to the others' advertised whp figures (also recorded on a Dynapack hub dyno), and you'll notice that it's +10HP (peak). Keep an eye on the area under the torque curve too, as you'll find that it isn't just a high peak that rapidly tapers off a few hundred RPM later. We're making ~292 wtq peak and it holds rather steady for a much longer duration through the powerband.

A broad area under the curve is going to make the car an absolute pleasure to drive, providing the driver with a complete "full" powerband feeling. It's also going to limit stress on turbo, engine and drivetrain instead of a high boost level simply for a high peak number that isn't as usable in a normal driving or racing environment.

Here is our advertised dyno graph for Stage 2, which is also shown in the video linked to above:

So, do you still think a revision is necessary? Don't forget about our UniConnect+ device, that provides our Clients with the freedom to flash their ECU from the comfort of their own home or garage, providing our Clients with a significant advantage. We're not new to this VW/Audi tuning industry, either, as we've been serving the VW/Audi community exclusively with industry-leading Performance Software since 2004. Want to take advantage of additional features like the recently released Spark-based Launch Control as an existing Unitronic Client? UniConnect+ makes this possible in about 10 minutes from the comfort of your own home or garage, and won't cost you $99 or more to add.

I'm confused by this because when I go to the Unitronic website for the 2012 GTI, Stage 1+ the description states stage 2 280HP / 325LB-TQ. The dyno graph states 264HP / 292LB-TQ.

I must be missing something... Can you help me understand that differences? I'm guessing the description is stating the increases at the crank, and the graph shows the increases at the wheels?

Jaber

Modero
One shows crank and one shows at the wheels. Fine print should be somewhere on the charts I believe.

Sent from my iSuperior, expect typos, mathematical errors and inaccuracy.

12bluemk6

Ready to race!
I'm confused by this because when I go to the Unitronic website for the 2012 GTI, Stage 1+ the description states stage 2 280HP / 325LB-TQ. The dyno graph states 264HP / 292LB-TQ.

I must be missing something... Can you help me understand that differences? I'm guessing the description is stating the increases at the crank, and the graph shows the increases at the wheels?
Correct. The lower numbers are whp

Uni Stage 2 | SPM DP | Magnaflow CB | S3 IC | 034 Mounts | HPA Red Puck | FX350 Kit | BSH Intake | Rev D DV | DG SS | Driver mod ?