GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Official Unitronic Chipped 2.0TSI Thread!

Jaber

Modero
Sent an email over a week ago, along with a PM, and no reply...anyone else have trouble contacting Uni? :iono:

They used to have more of an online presence, and I'm not seeing that anymore either

Have you tried calling them?

John@Unitronic

Go Kart Champion
Sent an email over a week ago, along with a PM, and no reply...anyone else have trouble contacting Uni? :iono:

They used to have more of an online presence, and I'm not seeing that anymore either

Sorry, I don't frequent the GolfMK6 forums as much as I used to these days. If you sent an email to me and didn't get a reply back, it means I didn't receive your email. Feel free to email me: js [at] getunitronic [dot] com.

Thanks!

bigtim3727

Just hit my 3 year anniversary of having the S1+ tune. Installed in January 2016 at 42K miles, and I just hit 100K about a week ago. It's been smooth sailing, and I want to express my appreciation for a great product.

I just have one question however; I've taken several logs--probably around 100 of them-- with VCDS over time, and I've never seen the requested, or actual boost go over 14-15psi.

There wasn't ever any major variation between requested, and actual boost, so I didn't think there was any problem. I figured because I live close to sea level(about 20 ft), the computer isn't going to request over 14-15psi, because of the increased atmospheric pressure.

Is this correct, or do I have some sort of boost leak?

John@Unitronic

Go Kart Champion
Just hit my 3 year anniversary of having the S1+ tune. Installed in January 2016 at 42K miles, and I just hit 100K about a week ago. It's been smooth sailing, and I want to express my appreciation for a great product.

I just have one question however; I've taken several logs--probably around 100 of them-- with VCDS over time, and I've never seen the requested, or actual boost go over 14-15psi.

There wasn't ever any major variation between requested, and actual boost, so I didn't think there was any problem. I figured because I live close to sea level(about 20 ft), the computer isn't going to request over 14-15psi, because of the increased atmospheric pressure.

Is this correct, or do I have some sort of boost leak?

Thanks for your feedback!

There are several reasons why actual and specified boost could be ~ 1 bar. Would need to check a log with engine speed, actual boost, specified boost, N75 duty cycle, overall ignition advance, MAF g/s in a log, and actual lambda in a log to be able to analyze it accordingly. You can email me the log and I'll have a look!

John@Unitronic

Go Kart Champion
I have issues with my New Uniconnect + tried calling never an answer ? sent email. Greg Spencer

Hi Greg, I'm sorry for the troubles that you encountered. It looks like you received support earlier today. Let us know if you have any additional questions or concerns.

bigtim3727

So anyway, I installed the Unitronic S1+ tune back in Dec of 2015 at 42k miles on my 2012 Jetta GLI. I'm currently sitting at 107K and the extra power still puts a smile on my face.

There's a few things I have questions about, however. Ive taken 100s of logs over the years, and I've never seen requested boost go over 15 psi. The requested vs actual boost matches up perfectly, so there doesn't appear to be a boost leak, but for some reason the ECU never requests over 15psi, maybe request 16psi every once and a blue moon. I made a post about this issue a few months ago, but never followed up with any logs.

I was wondering if perhaps somebody could shed some wisdom on the subject.

Here are photos of the logging graphs+ the data underneath the graph. For some reason, the boost seems to build late in the 2nd graph, but holds once it reaches peak.

ACHILLES R32

Drag Racing Champion
Has anyone switched from a APR ECU and TCU tune to unitronic tunes .
I'm considering doing stage 1,+ ECU and stage 1 dsg tunes . The apr dsg tune is a bit aggressive for daily driving atleast the downshifts are imo.

Sent from my Pixel 2

tkelly0727

Ready to race!
Has anyone switched from a APR ECU and TCU tune to unitronic tunes .
I'm considering doing stage 1,+ ECU and stage 1 dsg tunes . The apr dsg tune is a bit aggressive for daily driving atleast the downshifts are imo.

Sent from my Pixel 2

May I suggest IE ECU& DSG tune. IE tune is nice and smooth, throttle response is amazing and better than stock and my previous tune. the power band is really good drives stock-like but with better feel and pulls hard up top. their customer service is superb and ready and willing to answer any questions/concerns. their DSG tune is not aggressive at all imo, downshifts in D are nice and smooth no jerking or bucking and they hold the gearing longer. 100% would recommend them i have no regrets

ACHILLES R32

Drag Racing Champion
May I suggest IE ECU& DSG tune. IE tune is nice and smooth, throttle response is amazing and better than stock and my previous tune. the power band is really good drives stock-like but with better feel and pulls hard up top. their customer service is superb and ready and willing to answer any questions/concerns. their DSG tune is not aggressive at all imo, downshifts in D are nice and smooth no jerking or bucking and they hold the gearing longer. 100% would recommend them i have no regrets
I might consider it, I'm going to test drive a mk6 gli with uni stage 1+ and dsg tune tomorrow. And see how that compares to my car.

it's funny that you are the second person that recommended the IE tune. Did you go to a dealer to flash the tune or you ordered the cable as well . You can send me a pm if you don't mind. I don't want to get the thread off topic.

Sent from my Pixel 2

flight1us

Ready to race!
If i were to potentially go full unitronic would i have to flash back to Stock then Flash Unitronic Tune or would Unitroinic software do it ?

93serprise

Ready to race!
I own tunes from three companies at the moment. Started with APR k04 then switched to Uni and then to Stratified. I just swapped back to Uni today after changing out spark plugs, and I ran into an issue initially. I received an error within the Uni connect software as it tried to flash over the top of my Stratified tune. Tried two more times with same error which was , “ invalid ecu file”. I removed my Strat tune and then was able to flash the Uni K04 tune. Car is running amazing at the moment. I do love the smooth powerband of Uni.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

flight1us

Ready to race!
I own tunes from three companies at the moment. Started with APR k04 then switched to Uni and then to Stratified. I just swapped back to Uni today after changing out spark plugs, and I ran into an issue initially. I received an error within the Uni connect software as it tried to flash over the top of my Stratified tune. Tried two more times with same error which was , “ invalid ecu file”. I removed my Strat tune and then was able to flash the Uni K04 tune. Car is running amazing at the moment. I do love the smooth powerband of Uni.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

That answers that question thank you, not sure if you were replying to me or just overall reviewing Unitronic.