GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Official Unitronic Chipped 2.0TSI Thread!

Jared32

Ready to race!
So I plan on tuning my car to stage 2 in a few months. Would it be foolish of me to tune with 65k miles on the engine?

Thought this would be the best place to ask

Why would it be foolish that's what I'm gonna do but at probably 70k miles instead...

Sent from my EYEphone to yours...

Paytrose

Ready to race!
So I plan on tuning my car to stage 2 in a few months. Would it be foolish of me to tune with 65k miles on the engine?

I haven't come across a post where someone had an issue with tuning at high mileage. But, keep in mind that with normal wear and tear on a car, there may be a higher chance that a new clutch is needed.

Edit: Just realized you said stage 2. If you're currently stage 1 then you probably know about possible clutch issues already.

firsttimebuyer

Ready to race!
I went straight to stage 2 at 96k im at almost 104k and still runs like a champ. i did however have to change all my mounts though. Motor trans and dog bone.

Gino

Ready to race!

This guy is a ghost! Haha, nice to see you posting again. Do it! I tuned with the near same. I thought about mileage too, but I am not going to swap cars anytime soon so might as well enjoy what I got.

mexicanwaldo

Go Kart Champion
Why would it be foolish that's what I'm gonna do but at probably 70k miles instead...

Sent from my EYEphone to yours...

Awesome [emoji1598]

I haven't come across a post where someone had an issue with tuning at high mileage. But, keep in mind that with normal wear and tear on a car, there may be a higher chance that a new clutch is needed.

Edit: Just realized you said stage 2. If you're currently stage 1 then you probably know about possible clutch issues already.

I'm actually DSG and would be getting the TCU tuned with the ECU. So excited!

Went straight to stage 2 at 63K.

[emoji1598]

I went straight to stage 2 at 96k im at almost 104k and still runs like a champ. i did however have to change all my mounts though. Motor trans and dog bone.

Fuck yeah that's awesome to hear from everyone. I had some people I was talking to about it said it might not be the best idea since my car would be higher in mileage. The engine might not be able to last as long as others tuning it at this point of its life.

I'll keep on the mounts just in case. Thanks for the heads up.

This guy is a ghost! Haha, nice to see you posting again. Do it! I tuned with the near same. I thought about mileage too, but I am not going to swap cars anytime soon so might as well enjoy what I got.

Hey man [emoji16][emoji1366] lol

Jamester

Getting my unitronic tune done next week... I already have a high flow TBE and a neuspeed air intake so I'm guessing my best option would be stage 2? only problem is nobody near where I live sales 93 octane

only 91 so I'm hoping the ecu will just adapt to the 91. id hate to have to put octane booster in everytime I fill up. I guess ill just have to deal with a little less hp :(

When I put my TBE on I got a CEL... I was told a tune would fix this???

Last edited:

Diluted

Ready to race!
Getting my unitronic tune done next week... I already have a high flow TBE and a neuspeed air intake so I'm guessing my best option would be stage 2? only problem is nobody near where I live sales 93 octane

only 91 so I'm hoping the ecu will just adapt to the 91. id hate to have to put octane booster in everytime I fill up. I guess ill just have to deal with a little less hp :(

When I put my TBE on I got a CEL... I was told a tune would fix this???

They have a 91 octane stage 2 tune :)

Yes the tune should get rid of the CEL

Jamester

Perfect Thanks :)

12bluemk6

Ready to race!
Anyone know when they're releasing launch control and nls or what? I'm about ready to switch tuners for it... Not that I want to. Tired of waiting...........

Uni Stage 2 | SPM DP | Magnaflow CB | S3 IC | 034 Mounts | HPA Red Puck | FX350 Kit | BSH Intake | Rev D DV | DG SS | Driver mod ?

Jamester

does anyone know the hp gains with stage 2 with 91 octane? I assume its not going to be as good as the 93 octane file... was just curious

was also thinking about just getting the 93 tune and add the correct amount of booster since I only fill up once a week or so but I dunno.

lilonespaz

Drag Race Newbie
People who have Uniconnect+ that flashed a virgin ECU...

Did everything go great? I cant find any new reviews/videos of the uniconnect+ just the regular uniconnect from a few years ago where you still needed a bench flash before you could use it.

I just wanna make sure that its straight OBD2 flash even on a virgin ECU?

The Canuck

Ready to race!
Virgin ecu for me. Not a single problem. Couldn't have gone smoother. Feel free to ask any questions you might have either here or in PM.