GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Official Unitronic Chipped 2.0TSI Thread!

John@Unitronic

Go Kart Champion
Getting my unitronic tune done next week... I already have a high flow TBE and a neuspeed air intake so I'm guessing my best option would be stage 2? only problem is nobody near where I live sales 93 octane

only 91 so I'm hoping the ecu will just adapt to the 91. id hate to have to put octane booster in everytime I fill up. I guess ill just have to deal with a little less hp :(

When I put my TBE on I got a CEL... I was told a tune would fix this???

Our Stage 2 Software will patch the P0420 Catalyst Below Efficiency Threshold code you likely got after installing the TBE. You can use our Stage 2 Software with 91 octane.

Anyone know when they're releasing launch control and nls or what? I'm about ready to switch tuners for it... Not that I want to. Tired of waiting...........

Uni Stage 2 | SPM DP | Magnaflow CB | S3 IC | 034 Mounts | HPA Red Puck | FX350 Kit | BSH Intake | Rev D DV | DG SS | Driver mod ?

It's planned, but unfortunately I'm not sure specifically when we'll implement it into all the ECU Box Codes. I'll be sure to make a post here once we start to implement.

does anyone know the hp gains with stage 2 with 91 octane? I assume its not going to be as good as the 93 octane file... was just curious

was also thinking about just getting the 93 tune and add the correct amount of booster since I only fill up once a week or so but I dunno.

Using 91 octane will affect output, but unfortunately I don't have any specific figures handy. I'd recommend doing a search, as I'm sure there's users out there who put their vehicle on a dyno after using our Stage 2 SW with 91 octane. Perhaps further back in this thread, even.

People who have Uniconnect+ that flashed a virgin ECU...

Did everything go great? I cant find any new reviews/videos of the uniconnect+ just the regular uniconnect from a few years ago where you still needed a bench flash before you could use it.

I just wanna make sure that its straight OBD2 flash even on a virgin ECU?

It is a straight-forward OBD-2 port flash. As long as the instructions both within the instruction manual and on-screen are followed precisely, you shouldn't encounter any issues. I'd strongly urge you to have a battery charger connected to the vehicle battery during the flash, FYI.

Virgin ecu for me. Not a single problem. Couldn't have gone smoother. Feel free to ask any questions you might have either here or in PM.

:thumbsup:

changchewsoon

Passed Driver's Ed
Unitronic FTW

Hi everyone, I am from Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia and I currently drive a 2013 RHD version of Golf R DSG.

The car has been completely bone stock since the very first day I purchased it and it has done around 30,000 KM on the odometer before I did this mod.

Why did I kept the car stock until now? Because lately whenever I am driving on my way home from the office, there is this guy who drives a MK2 Audi TT who so happens to work in the same building as I am and coincidentally lives just 2 streets across from me kept taunting me by tailgating me on the freeway, and unless I drive my other car (see below) I can't seem to shake him off with Golf R even if I floored it all the way in all gears.

I was then convinced that he must have a tune in his car, so here I am.

I purchased the Uniconnect from my local dealer and I performed the flash right from the comfort of my own garage, which was awesome. The entire process was very smooth and seamless, and the process takes around 7 minutes for the flash to complete.

Hardware wise, the car has a Unitronic Turbo-back exhaust and Integrated Engineering HPFP. Software wise, I went with Unitronic Stage 2 HPFP 100 oct tune and Unitronic Stage 2 DSG tune.

The intake and intercooler was left completely stock.

I am happy to report that the car is running fine so far, and would like to share the dyno chart for everyone's info.

The dyno was done a Dynojet 4WD, 4th gear pull, ambient temperature was at 35 degree celsius when I did the stock baseline pull and stage 2 hpfp pull, and 36 degrees celsius when I did the 100 oct pull.

Here in Malaysia, it is summer all year long with lots of rain due to our geographical location which is situated very near to the earth's equator line.

Here are the stats:
Stock (blue) : 238 whp | 271 ft-lb
Stage 2 HPFP 98 oct (red) : 283 whp | 314 ft-lb
100 oct (green) : 297 whp | 357 ft-lb

Update: 11th March 2016
The car made 312 WHP with the Unitronic cold air intake fitted.

Update: 30th April 2016
The car made 313 WHP with the Unitronic intercooler fitted. No change in horsepower, but the boost comes earlier and a higher torque gain in the lower range.

Review
Before deciding to go with Unitronic, I've test driven some of my buddies' cars and they ran all sorts of tunes like APR, GIAC, Revo, HPA and custom maps done using Dimsport & Alientech.

To me, going with Unitronic was one of the best investments I've made to the car. The tune is very refined compared to the other tunes that I've driven, and instead of being a dyno whore chasing after numbers, drivabilty and reliability matters most to me. And I can very firmly and confidently make this statement that the Unitronic tune gave me the best day to day drivabilty so far.

I know exhaust note is a very subjective thing and everyone has their own preference, when I first installed the Unitronic turbo-back exhaust the first thing I noticed was how good the workmanship is. I liked the fact that they used v-band clamps, and the 4 inch tips was icing on the cake. When the engine was fired up for the first time, I knew I made the right purchase. The car produced a deep bassy note and this is how I think a proper Golf R should sound like.

I ordered the Unitronic cold air intake & Unitronic intercooler through my local dealer a week ago but according to the tracking number it was delayed on the shipper's side. I hope to maintain more consistent pulls with them installed in the future, and perhaps a slight bump in power.

Very happy to join the Unitronic family all the way from Asia!

Side Note
Back to the guy with the Audi TT, well ever since the last pull I did on him after the flash, he has left me alone. Who knows maybe he's going to install a K04 kit haha.

Besides this Golf R, I also have another Toyota Yaris as my daily drive. It has a built engine making over 500 WHP. Yes I know, for a FWD it sounds kinda stupid. I built this car because I just like pulling up unassumingly next to bigger cars and scare the bejesus out of them on a rolling start :lol:

Attachments

• stock vs stage 2 hpfp vs 100 oct.jpg
    stock vs stage 2 hpfp vs 100 oct.jpg
    223.3 KB · Views: 1,108
Last edited:

nickp1

Ready to race!
I ordered my stage 1+ software and UNIconnect+ as well as coils and plugs yesterday from Modded Euros :thumbup:

lilonespaz

Drag Race Newbie
I ordered my stage 1+ software and UNIconnect+ as well as coils and plugs yesterday from Modded Euros :thumbup:

Hey thats where im gonna order from tooo :thumbsup:

phuccer1

Ready to race!

I will probably go this route when I tune my car to stage 1 since most shops in my area will charge labor that is equal to the cost of the UNIconnect+.

Hopefully I hit all my bonuses this year, I will be able to get it sooner than later. At this point, I just bought coils so I won't have money for other upgrades for a little while lol

tonymk6

Ready to race!
I wonder if Unitronic will be upgrading their Stage 1 power to compete with the new APR Stage 1 file coming out...

Jaber

Modero
I wonder if Unitronic will be upgrading their Stage 1 power to compete with the new APR Stage 1 file coming out...

APR seems pretty weak in comparison to Unitronic and others. Currently. (Stage 1 and Stage 2)

Only time will tell if they're going to be equal and or better than Unitronic, GIAC, etc. In terms of power output. And if they are better, is it worth the cost to switch for a minimal gain (might as well go K04 right?). As I don't see getting much more out of this turbo. At least reliability wise. Yeah, it would be great if your car is faster in a straight line here and there. But if you compete in autocross or HPDE, I'd rather want something that won't make my engine go kaboom over repeated abuse.

The Canuck

Ready to race!
I thought John said they weren't going to mess with anything, cause they are comfortable where they are with the reliability factor. Not that I want to speak for John, but I thought awhile ago, something was said along those lines. Basically, why screw around with something if it isn't broke.

Jaber

Modero
I thought John said they weren't going to mess with anything, cause they are comfortable where they are with the reliability factor. Not that I want to speak for John, but I thought awhile ago, something was said along those lines. Basically, why screw around with something if it isn't broke.

I recall this as well.

Cuervo

Passed Driver's Ed
Hi everyone, I am from Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia and I currently drive a 2013 RHD version of Golf R DSG.

The car has been completely bone stock since the very first day I purchased it and it has done around 30,000 KM on the odometer before I did this mod.

Why did I kept the car stock until now? Because lately whenever I am driving on my way home from the office, there is this guy who drives a MK2 Audi TT who so happens to work in the same building as I am and coincidentally lives just 2 streets across from me kept taunting me by tailgating me on the freeway, and unless I drive my other car (see below) I can't seem to shake him off with Golf R even if I floored it all the way in all gears.

I was then convinced that he must have a tune in his car, so here I am.

I purchased the Uniconnect from my local dealer and I performed the flash right from the comfort of my own garage, which was awesome. The entire process was very smooth and seamless, and the process takes around 7 minutes for the flash to complete.

Hardware wise, the car has a Unitronic Turbo-back exhaust and Integrated Engineering HPFP. Software wise, I went with Unitronic Stage 2 HPFP 100 oct tune and Unitronic Stage 2 DSG tune.

The intake and intercooler was left completely stock.

I am happy to report that the car is running fine so far, and would like to share the dyno chart for everyone's info.

The dyno was done a Dynojet 4WD, 4th gear pull, ambient temperature was at 35 degree celsius when I did the stock baseline pull and stage 2 hpfp pull, and 36 degrees celsius when I did the 100 oct pull.

Here in Malaysia, it is summer all year long with lots of rain due to our geographical location which is situated very near to the earth's equator line.

Here are the stats:

Stock (blue) : 238 whp | 271 ft-lb

Stage 2 HPFP 98 oct (red) : 283 whp | 314 ft-lb

100 oct (green) : 297 whp | 357 ft-lb

Review

Before deciding to go with Unitronic, I've test driven some of my buddies' cars and they ran all sorts of tunes like APR, GIAC, Revo, HPA and custom maps done using Dimsport & Alientech.

To me, going with Unitronic was one of the best investments I've made to the car. The tune is very refined compared to the other tunes that I've driven, and instead of being a dyno whore chasing after numbers, drivabilty and reliability matters most to me. And I can very firmly and confidently make this statement that the Unitronic tune gave me the best day to day drivabilty so far.

I know exhaust note is a very subjective thing and everyone has their own preference, when I first installed the Unitronic turbo-back exhaust the first thing I noticed was how good the workmanship is. I liked the fact that they used v-band clamps, and the 4 inch tips was icing on the cake. When the engine was fired up for the first time, I knew I made the right purchase. The car produced a deep bassy note and this is how I think a proper Golf R should sound like.

I ordered the Unitronic cold air intake & Unitronic intercooler through my local dealer a week ago but according to the tracking number it was delayed on the shipper's side. I hope to maintain more consistent pulls with them installed in the future, and perhaps a slight bump in power.

Very happy to join the Unitronic family all the way from Asia!

Side Note

Back to the guy with the Audi TT, well ever since the last pull I did on him after the flash, he has left me alone. Who knows maybe he's going to install a K04 kit haha.

Besides this Golf R, I also have another Toyota Yaris as my daily drive. It has a built engine making over 500 WHP. Yes I know, for a FWD it sounds kinda stupid. I built this car because I just like pulling up unassumingly next to bigger cars and scare the bejesus out of them on a rolling start :lol:

Was considering revo because from what I've SEEN, it's a more aggressive tune. But You probably just convinced me to go unitronic :)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

changchewsoon

Passed Driver's Ed
Unitronic FTW

Was considering revo because from what I've SEEN, it's a more aggressive tune. But You probably just convinced me to go unitronic :)

While I was still evaluating yes Revo's tune seems to be the strongest along with GIAC, but none of my friends were running Unitronic to my surprise. Now, they're all thinking to switch over.

I'm on my 3rd tank of gas now, and the car still pulls strong. Last Vagcom reading showed 0 timing pull despite the air intake temperature was logged at 51 degrees celsius.

We're an oil producing nation, so we have very good quality 100 octane fuel available at the pump and I believe the fuel also plays a crucial factor as well along with a good tune.

Damn, I should charge Unitronic for some marketing fee!

John, maybe some stickers or emblem? :laugh:

Anyway, I am sure you will not regret going with Unitronic if drivability/reliability is your priority and you're not just chasing numbers on the dyno.

I'm about to receive the cold air intake and intercooler I ordered from Unitronic in the next couple days. Once installed I will strap the car on the dyno again for another pull and will update here. :thumbsup:

Last edited:

JayzGti

hello, I am finally ready to upgrade my software, Do I need to go to a dealer/shop to install the stage2 hardware or can I get the uconnect tool and do it myself, or is that just for changing the tune, thank you!

12bluemk6

Ready to race!
hello, I am finally ready to upgrade my software, Do I need to go to a dealer/shop to install the stage2 hardware or can I get the uconnect tool and do it myself, or is that just for changing the tune, thank you!
With uniconnect+ you now have the ability to do an initial flash at home

Uni Stage 2 | SPM DP | Magnaflow CB | S3 IC | 034 Mounts | HPA Red Puck | FX350 Kit | BSH Intake | Rev D DV | DG SS | Driver mod ?

nickp1

Ready to race!
Virgin ecu for me. Not a single problem. Couldn't have gone smoother. Feel free to ask any questions you might have either here or in PM.

Installed my Stage 1+ this weekend no problems at all and also a virgin ECU. even with the minimum requirements on the computer I used it took only 13 minutes to configure the ECU. It feels amazing and very smooth. No CELs or issues.

:thumbup: Thank you Unitronic!