GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Official Unitronic Chipped 2.0TSI Thread!

John@Unitronic

Go Kart Champion
hello, I am finally ready to upgrade my software, Do I need to go to a dealer/shop to install the stage2 hardware or can I get the uconnect tool and do it myself, or is that just for changing the tune, thank you!

If you already have our Performance Software, you can purchase UniConnect+. Once you've received, registered, and activated UC+, you can login to your member profile (created when registering/activating UC+) to purchase an upgrade to Stage 2.

Installed my Stage 1+ this weekend no problems at all and also a virgin ECU. even with the minimum requirements on the computer I used it took only 13 minutes to configure the ECU. It feels amazing and very smooth. No CELs or issues.

:thumbup: Thank you Unitronic!

:thumbsup: You're welcome!

Jamester

Ok So I just got the stage 2 flashed about almost 200 miles ago. I can definitely feel the difference but when I give it full throttle the turbo (psi) is not smooth and steady it pulses between 14 and 18 psi for I'd say 3 seconds then smooths out and it's steady.

(Full throttle- GO stop GO stop GOOOOOOOOOOOOO) if that makes sense...

The mechanic that flashed it said to give the computer some time to adapt to the tune for approximately 100 miles. Don't know if that's BS or not what you guys think?

lilonespaz

Drag Race Newbie
Do you have and Codes? Maybe a missfire?

Jamester

Nope no codes and doesn't seem to be a misfire and also just replaced the coils/plugs before I got the tune with no issues. And the odd thing is driving right after the tune it was really bad much more than it is now so I figured to give the computer some time to adapt like the guy said. Just figured it would had worked itself out by now.

John@Unitronic

Go Kart Champion
Ok So I just got the stage 2 flashed about almost 200 miles ago. I can definitely feel the difference but when I give it full throttle the turbo (psi) is not smooth and steady it pulses between 14 and 18 psi for I'd say 3 seconds then smooths out and it's steady.

The mechanic that flashed it said to give the computer some time to adapt to the tune for approximately 100 miles. Don't know if that's BS or not what you guys think?

You can try using only the OEM DV (latest revision). Clear the codes (even if there are none) to reset adaptions and re-assess the situation.

lilonespaz

Drag Race Newbie
You can try using only the OEM DV (latest revision). Clear the codes (even if there are none) to reset adaptions and re-assess the situation.

Oh yeah i didnt know you had a spacer, switch back to regular DV no spacer, preferably a REV D. Those things are garbage in my opinion.

handisnacks

Ready to race!
I run a Forge spacer and have no issues, but yeah I would definitely check the connections underneath and try without the spacer.

12bluemk6

Ready to race!

It's normal! Do some more searching and you'll find that surge on a tiny turbo like ours is very prominent when boost is turned up. Someone just figured out a fix which entails adding a secondary spring on the waste gate. Is the surging happening around 2-3k rpm in any gear? If so, it's normal. I just try to boost outside of that rpm range

Uni Stage 2 | SPM DP | Magnaflow CB | S3 IC | 034 Mounts | HPA Red Puck | FX350 Kit | BSH Intake | Rev D DV | DG SS | Driver mod ?

handisnacks

Ready to race!
Wow that's awesome, what does this mean specifically? Does it mean that boost is limited in order to reduce wheelspin on launch?

John@Unitronic

Go Kart Champion
Wow that's awesome, what does this mean specifically? Does it mean that boost is limited in order to reduce wheelspin on launch?

With a Manual Transmission, it's often difficult to feather the throttle throttle to achieve a specific engine speed to to avoid bogging, but also avoid excessive wheel spin. Launch Control assists in achieving this — with traction control disabled, you can engage the clutch pedal, engage 1st gear, and go wide-open throttle. This will engage Launch Control and hold the engine speed at the selected setpoint (3800, 4200, or 4500 depending on which you've selected from within UniConnect+), while spooling the turbo to ensure you're leaving the starting line with the turbo spooled. Your goal is to avoid "bogging", but also avoid excessive wheel speed. We've setup 3 setpoints for users, as we understand some folks may be on street tires, while others may be using more grippy drag radials or slicks.

jettaglis

Go Kart Champion
With a Manual Transmission, it's often difficult to feather the throttle throttle to achieve a specific engine speed to to avoid bogging, but also avoid excessive wheel spin. Launch Control assists in achieving this — with traction control disabled, you can engage the clutch pedal, engage 1st gear, and go wide-open throttle. This will engage Launch Control and hold the engine speed at the selected setpoint (3800, 4200, or 4500 depending on which you've selected from within UniConnect+), while spooling the turbo to ensure you're leaving the starting line with the turbo spooled. Your goal is to avoid "bogging", but also avoid excessive wheel speed. We've setup 3 setpoints for users, as we understand some folks may be on street tires, while others may be using more grippy drag radials or slicks.

This is an awesome feature and so excited to get uniconnect+ now! :thumbup:

Jamester

yeah its happening around 3 - 4k in every gear... I just don't understand why it was much worse when I first drove after getting the tune. And now it is barely noticeable. Makes me think that its the computer trying to adapt or something in that area. ill try adding the secondary spring just to see what happens. Thanks

Coogles

Go Kart Newbie

Is this only with UniConnect+ or can owners of the original UniConnect enable this feature as well?

Is no-lift shift something Uni is working on? Would seem to pair nicely with the new launch control feature.