GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Oil Change DIY

EJBGTIVI

Autocross Champion
What are everyone's thought's on using a topside oil changer to suck the oil out? That way you dont have to get under to undo the plug.

Granted on my Golf the filter is on the bottom so I'd still have to get under it.

I think you would be better off draining from the pan. I doubt you can get all the crap that settles at the bottom of the pan otherwise.

Why is this thread in the detailing forum btw.

wohv

Ready to race!
Lol i have the same ramps. I was giving some gas to go up and the torque pulled them under the car! I didn't give to much gas so IDK what happened.

sammymk6

Passed Driver's Ed
Not to ask a stupid question, but if you change the oil yourself, would it update your dash and tell you how many kms you have left before you have to change it again? If that was unclear, im talking about that little wrench icon that pops up when you change the time on your car.
thanks!

nafljhy

Go Kart Champion
Not to ask a stupid question, but if you change the oil yourself, would it update your dash and tell you how many kms you have left before you have to change it again? If that was unclear, im talking about that little wrench icon that pops up when you change the time on your car.
thanks!

no it doesn't you actually have to reset that yourself via MFI or via vagcom

eightyseven

Ready to race!
Great write up, i swear... im happy to have youtube/forum members be so nice to post this shit, cuz i swear id be like o___________________________________O other wise..

Bunny Hop

Passed Driver's Ed
As far as oil goes i use pentozine from germany its about $37 i think from ecstuning.com oh and its a 5liter container i maintain mine by changing it every 1200 miles i always flush it by frenquently by:thumbsup: changing the oil.

bmc333

Ready to race!
Yeah considering 5000 miles is the standard for synthetic...

Sent from my SM-N900P using Tapatalk