GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Oil light stop engine

Cobra180

Hi oil light then stop engine symbol has happened on my car .
Car taken to garage they have diagnosed new engine needed.
We now have the car at home engine not replaced yet .
I started it up it sounds ok until you give some throttle then the turbo knocks .
Question do I need new engine or just turbo and possibly new oil pump
Steve

Last edited:

GolNat

Autocross Champion
So the oil light came on and then the engine shut down while it was running or the engine was running, shut down and the oil light came on?

Cobra180

Oil pressure light then stop engine symbol. Then taken to garage
The mechanic has just told me the nut on the turbo has come off and is now in the engine Causing damage

BudgetPhoenix

Autocross Champion
Nut on the turbo???? Like the nut holding the compressor wheel assembly together got into the engine? How would that even happen?

The most common reason i've seen this happen is failed/damaged balance shafts

Joe_Mama

Autocross Champion
The mechanic has just told me the nut on the turbo has come off and is now in the engine Causing damage
Yeah the mechanic is scamming you.

flight1us

Ready to race!
Bruh that mechanic is a quack no take the oil pan off first of all, second check all oil supply routes PCV, Oil feed to turbo, and Oil pick up tube. Check Oil filter housing for any weird leaks and even the oil pressure sensor can go bad and give you that error.

Cobra180

Hi we have taken the turbo off .
The nut on the spindle is missing.
There is a small damage to fan blades.
We are removing all pipes to the inter cooler and and have drained the oil checking the oil for any metal None found . The engine turns over with no thud or bangs from engine. This was done with oil in the engine and injector signal removed so just spinning engine .
I will be removing inter cooler next to check for but
Any comments would be helpful
Steve

Joe_Mama

Autocross Champion
Yeah I got a comment go buy a ko4 since your turbo shit the bed