GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Opinion on the BBS SR wheel

arthnox

Ready to race!
Hey guys,

I am on the market for a new set of wheels, always hated the look of the Serron that come with my car so I will retire them as my winter set :)

I have a few in mind:

VMR V705 and V710 as well as the Enkei Raijin.

I have a TR GTI and I love (in picture at least) the look of gunmetal or anthracite wheels with the red, I am having a hard time making a decision.

Last week, I saw on the forum someone mention the BBS SR wheel, they seem right up my alley.

I wanted to know your opinion on them. They are advertised as a winter wheel at a reasonable price (for me). I know they are not forged like most BBS but are they sturdy? How is the paint quality? Anyone using them as summer wheels?

If anyone has pictures of their GTi with these wheels, it would be appreciated

Thanks!

PetrolHead

When's the next track day
BBS makes a lot of OEM wheels the same way the SRs are made. Strength will be top-notch, the only penalty is weight (they're quite heavy). I'm very seriously considering these as summer wheels for my ATS, but I can't comment much on quality other than I'd expect it to be about the best.

arthnox

Ready to race!
yea, they are rated at about 23lbs for the 18" which is pretty much the same at the Serrons I currently have on, shouldnt be much of a difference on that end. The only lighter wheels I am considering at the Enkei's at 21lbs. 2 lbs would be nice but its not the end of the world.

There really isnt alot of pics of them going around at the moment :S

kharma

Ready to race!
C'mon, the internets is not that hard... I like 'em.

kharma

Ready to race!
Now I really like them, and they're cheapish ($265/18"). Edit: (less crappy) internet pics on GTIs: