GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Options for turbo muffler/ outlet pipe?

supreme_gti

Go Kart Champion
This is what I did to hold the charge pipe in place from popping off the IC lower end.

It still looks like it restricts airflow tho :(

Attachments

• 167E7FDA-BCF3-4494-A988-562A6256AA05.jpeg
    167E7FDA-BCF3-4494-A988-562A6256AA05.jpeg
    1.8 MB · Views: 45
  • 62D95C94-724A-4160-A3A2-F328DD0BA68A.jpeg
    62D95C94-724A-4160-A3A2-F328DD0BA68A.jpeg
    659.1 KB · Views: 51

Gti2022

Hopefully my part will get here soon, and I can try to figure out how to attach it. I hate all the silicon and clamps holding piping together on these cars.

supreme_gti

Go Kart Champion
Supreme which Pipe are you running
I don't know the brand/sizing, from what I can remember it's 2 1/2 " in diameter. I fixed this pipe popping off the IC problem due to high boost pressure long time ago so I can't remember the specs.

supreme_gti

Go Kart Champion

Gti2022

It fit. I must have an aftermarket intercooler because it did not have the c clip, and it was 2.75 inches. So I had to source a drop down connector from Amazon. The connector is on just a bit short, I don’t love the fit for the intercooler but it’s solid and shouldn’t be able to move.

Any idea what size bolt holds the pipe? I need to source one to secure the pipe. So far so good.

Thanks all.

TroyBoy

Go Kart Newbie
It fit. I must have an aftermarket intercooler because it did not have the c clip, and it was 2.75 inches. So I had to source a drop down connector from Amazon. The connector is on just a bit short, I don’t love the fit for the intercooler but it’s solid and shouldn’t be able to move.

Any idea what size bolt holds the pipe? I need to source one to secure the pipe. So far so good.

Thanks all.
Looks good! I will have mine off tonight as I need to install the o-oring and the CTS billet adapter. I also have aftermarket IC but do have the clip on the TOP.
The silicone connector from TOP to Turbo on mine is a little short also, spent waaay to long trying to use the T-bolt clamp and ended up using a different one. I just ordered worm clamps with for all turbo /IC connections with metal lining.

supreme_gti

Go Kart Champion