GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Osram Xenarc on MK6 GTI with Xenons

Dankon99

Hi!

Just bought a MK6 GTI with Xenons, but just gotta love the look of the Osram Xenarc headlights with the R front bumper...

Is it possible to fit these to a car with xenons? and how?

uglybastard

Autocross Champion
Ive been trying to make this work with a simple adapter but have not had luck yet. The one guy i have talked to who had installed them basically unpinned his lighting harness and repinned it to work with the 10 pin reciever on the osrams.

Dankon99

That is a little more than im willing to do... Ill just save up money and use it on something else I guess..

mistaleungg

Go Kart Newbie
I am looking for solution for this as well!
It's like all the cool aftermarket headlights are for halogen equipped cars.

Yai

Passed Driver's Ed
I’ll can ask my electrical guru, who did halogen to oem xenons with midline cecm. I believe he was making a 14 to 10 pin adapters for one of the other local members, who went with the xenarc headlights from his bi-xenon GTI.

Ron

Yai

Passed Driver's Ed
I’ll can ask my electrical guru, who did halogen to oem xenons with midline cecm. I believe he was making a 14 to 10 pin adapters for one of the other local members, who went with the xenarc headlights from his bi-xenon GTI.

Ron

I asked, and the harness adapters will likely be available by the end of this month. I’ll post the link for the site, when the site is up and running.

mistaleungg

Go Kart Newbie
that's good to hear. Anything coding needed if switching from Xenon to Halogen as well?

I asked, and the harness adapters will likely be available by the end of this month. I’ll post the link for the site, when the site is up and running.

Yai

Passed Driver's Ed
that's good to hear. Anything coding needed if switching from Xenon to Halogen as well?

Good question. I’m gonna guess there might be some tweaks needed? I can’t remember what the Xenarcs came with, if it had capacitors/resistors. But, since you already had the oem xenons, I think the BCM would already be dialed up for the Xenarcs? Probably need some tinkering around with, after you connect Up.

Yai

Passed Driver's Ed
Good question. I’m gonna guess there might be some tweaks needed? I can’t remember what the Xenarcs came with, if it had capacitors/resistors. But, since you already had the oem xenons, I think the BCM would already be dialed up for the Xenarcs? Probably need some tinkering around with, after you connect Up.

Oh yes, and the AFS would probably need to be disabled, as previously mentioned.

Yai

Passed Driver's Ed
I talked to my buddy, and he says you shouldn’t need to code, except for disabling AFS/auto leveling, which is not hard on OBD Eleven. He mentioned his 10-14 should be plug and play, and they are all hand made by himself btw.

I learned a lot from him, as I met him on local forum and paid him to install and compete my retrofit. It’s been perfect since and no trigger wire was needed to get high beams to work, with midline BCM!

Site not quite ready and he said he would get the link ready earlier for me to share to those that want to fit aftermarket xenons on the existing oem xenons.

Yai

Passed Driver's Ed
https://www.mk6ix.net/shop

There you are folks. Good luck with your builds, I learned so much from this guy, and figured out what coding works to suppress the bulb out errors, and also what bits I needed to change.

Post up your lights when you’re done!

Cheers,

Ron

Dankon99

Seems like only US can buy it, wont ship to any euro countries :/ Talk to this guy and ask if that would be possible thanks