GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

P0101, P2177, P0420...I give up.

JW with a VW

Go Kart Champion
When will the nightmare end?!?

At this point the car is undriveable because I also get the random ECP that throws the car in limp mode and makes getting to the side of the road to reset it, super stressful.

brat_burner

Autocross Champion
Yea so what all have you tried? I would think unmetered air but then you have the maf circuit code, and then the catalyst efficiency. Maybe downpipe leaking, or more than one issue.

JW with a VW

Go Kart Champion
Just cleaned the MAF sensor...took for a spin...no codes, but...it is intermittent. No visual or audible leaks. Check all hoses...one has me concerned...this is the tube that connects the back of the intake to the PCV...does this look normal?

Attachments

• 20200208_171123.jpg
    20200208_171123.jpg
    1.6 MB · Views: 1,942

JW with a VW

Go Kart Champion
Negative... Looks like somebody broke off the locking part... I would check the o-rings in there.
It's a Cobb intake...hmmm. Should it have a connector on it for the tube to connect?

JW with a VW

Go Kart Champion
That's the breather intake tube, right?

JW with a VW

Go Kart Champion
Should look like this!

Attachments

• 20200208_180807.jpg
    20200208_180807.jpg
    209.2 KB · Views: 400

PghDan

Ready to race!
Can confirm with absolute certainty that end of your PCV breather hose is not correct. It should look exactly like the one JW with a VW posted. Inspect every inch of your intake tubing from the air cleaner all the way to your throttle body for any loose clamps, splits, cracks, etc.

BudgetPhoenix

Autocross Champion
Yeah wouldn't be surprised if that's your problem, probably not getting a good seal and letting unmetered air into the intake. Looks like the clips broke off and it was just jammed into the intake.

JW with a VW

Go Kart Champion
New PCV and intake tube should arrive today. Also cleaned the MAF and am putting in an O2 sensor spacer since I have a TB exhaust with HF cat installed. Fingers crossed.

JW with a VW

Go Kart Champion
Negative... Looks like somebody broke off the locking part... I would check the o-rings in there.
New hose doesn't fit! Here is a pic of the old one and the new one...the old one has two o rings...the new one, only one and it will not go in...
Which is the correct version?
20200215_113430.jpg
20200215_113414.jpg

brat_burner

Autocross Champion
Wrong hose maybe? These can fit extremely tight into aftermarket parts and especially if you have to flex them. A little grease may be required. And I tried to check Cobb installation instructions but it looks like that might be an older version of the air intake. The current pics they have show the fitting in elbow on the turbo. ?‍♂️

JW with a VW

Go Kart Champion
Thanks...yeah, I tried everyting...won't budge. The o rings on the old one look good so I'll reinstall and see...I just put the new PCV in...funny, when I was unbuttoning everything, the clamp to the turbo intake came off waaay to easy. Yup, clamp was loose. This could've been the issue...we'll see!

JW with a VW

Go Kart Champion
Wrong hose maybe? These can fit extremely tight into aftermarket parts and especially if you have to flex them. A little grease may be required. And I tried to check Cobb installation instructions but it looks like that might be an older version of the air intake. The current pics they have show the fitting in elbow on the turbo. ?‍♂️
Coil pack had this spot on it...clean it and ok or sign of it going bad?
20200215_124134.jpg