GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

P2015 and Subsequent P2187, & P2279 Errors

JonnySommes

About 6 months ago my 2011 GTI threw a P2015 error and unfortunately the car is out of warranty for the IM replacement. The light stayed on for a few days and then went away randomly. This continued 2 or 3 times but about 3 weeks ago the CEL came back on and stayed on so I checked it and it had P2015 as well as P2187 (system too lean at idle bank 1), P2279 (intake air system leak bank 1). I did a visual inspection and the actuator arm wasn't popped in place and the connection to the runner was popped out (it makes sense why I was getting the vacuum leak error code) so I popped both into place and reset the computer. It makes sense why I was getting the Unfortunately the CEL remained on and threw the same error codes. I was looking online and I see that ECS makes this intake lever arm fix but I was wondering if that would work to solve my problem or do I need to replace the IM? Thanks!
https://www.ecstuning.com/b-ecs-par...ver-arm-fix-kit/021071ecs01~a/#productreviews

FocalPoint

Not sure if...
Depends. If the damage is already done (sounds like it is), you'll waste time and money replacing just the arm to not rectify your problem. I would recommend checking all intake piping first, in-particular the intake charge pipe and the connection there for any gaps or damage, and then replace the manifold if you're all good there. It's likely gonna go regardless of the arm being beefed up. It's your money though.

king1138

Ready to race!
I tried to repair mine with this kit, it did not work at all. Double check with your local VW dealer, you may still have extended warranty coverage on the intake manifold replacement.

BudgetPhoenix

Autocross Newbie
Yes the intake manifolds are covered for 10yrs/120k miles for most 08.5-13 cars I believe. Def call your dealer if you have less than that but you probably wont apply due to the 10 years maybe worth a try.

king1138

Ready to race!
Yes the intake manifolds are covered for 10yrs/120k miles for most 08.5-13 cars I believe. Def call your dealer if you have less than that but you probably wont apply due to the 10 years maybe worth a try.
I believe the CBFA engines are covered for longer and more mileage. Definitely contact you VW dealer to be sure if you have coverage. Mine is a CBFA and was past the ten year mark when VW warrantied my intake manifold.

JonnySommes

So I called and they said the car is beyond the warranty and there's nothing they can do. Oh well. Thanks for the suggestions!

king1138

Ready to race!
So I called and they said the car is beyond the warranty and there's nothing they can do. Oh well. Thanks for the suggestions!
Bummer. But, we know the updated intake manifold does fix the issue, and seems to hold up well over time.