GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

P2015 Intake Manifold Flap Position Sensor (Bank 1): Implausible Signal

daschrier1

Passed Driver's Ed
This code came on in my 09 but then cleared itself. I've never heard of the issue clearing itself up, due to VWOA replacing the intake manifold to fix the issue. I have 6 months left on my warranty so hopefully it comes back again before then.

11 GTI

This code came on in my 09 but then cleared itself. I've never heard of the issue clearing itself up, due to VWOA replacing the intake manifold to fix the issue. I have 6 months left on my warranty so hopefully it comes back again before then.

I had the same thing happen to my 2011. Check engine light came on back in july of this year and went off a few hours later. The light came on again this past tuesday and went off this morning before i took the car in for this issue. they were able to hook the car up and pull the codes even though the light had gone off. so they have replaced the intake manifold like the other folks have had done above. If I were you, i would just call and explain it to them and take it in before your warrenty is up.

v6viking

Ready to race!
Resurrected!!

I just received the same code, but on the same day I had the Downpipe Installed. I checked the connections and everything looks good. The linkage appears to move freely.

Coincidence? I hope so!! I'll be scheduling an appointment in the next couple of weeks.

Pooley

Ready to race!
My next door neighbor also has a GTI, just not a forum member. His is an 09 TSI, got a check engine light a month ago and asked me to VAG COM it for him, got this code. I cleared it, figuring it would return if his manifold was actually failing, and it did a few days later. Dealer saw the code and went ahead and changed out his manifold, fixed. He was at 43,000 miles. In the future, if it shows up on my 11 GTI, I'll leave the code and just bring it in for the new piece.

v6viking

Ready to race!
I just had this done last week. They also found my water pump to be leaking and did that as well..

I always smell the faint scent of coolant after I get home, so it's just a matter of time for me!

Uberryan

Banned
I too got this code. Talked about it elsewhere. Got it a day or two after having my oil changed. Minor inconsistencies in performance. Will be taking it in tomorrow morning. I heard they're supposed to clean the carbon off the valves now with this repair/replacement? Some kind of new policy handed down from VW. Anyone that can verify?

09Gitty

Ready to race!
Definitely didn't clean my valves. I heard about that happening for the FSI guys though. I've had my intake replaced twice already and I'm at 93xxx kms.

s word

Ready to race!
Definitely didn't clean my valves. I heard about that happening for the FSI guys though. I've had my intake replaced twice already and I'm at 93xxx kms.

A friend of mine with 09 CC just got this code. Bone stock. Is the issue limited to a certain model/year part number or is this just another eventual thing to deal with?

Uberryan

Banned
A friend of mine with 09 CC just got this code. Bone stock. Is the issue limited to a certain model/year part number or is this just another eventual thing to deal with?

It's limited to the part itself. They've had problems with it since the MKV platform. I had a flapper motor stuck open on my FSI in my MKV GTI. Replaced it. However, this is a sensor pinging a implausible signal. Not sure if they designates the flap motor is at fault, or just a sensor. Either way, the fix is to replace it with a newer part, and call it. Car is at the dealer now, and I have a 2012 Passat SE rental. Looks cheap on the inside....

frenchydavis

I'm at 32k and my CEL came up Saturday. Scanned when I got home and sure enough P2015. Made an appointment to drop it off tomorrow.

Water pump was replaced at 29k in December.

Am I going to have to replace these two every 30k or are the updated parts less prone to failure?

Ethereal

Ready to race!
Mine went out today. Cleared the code it came back. Confirmed by dealer flapper isnt working and theyre replacing. Got lucky i was still under 36k miles.

Cwinne

Ready to race!
Got the same code, taking it in tomorrow. I have miles left of my warranty. Hopefully the water pump can get replaced to.

ZeroVoid1

Passed Driver's Ed
My CEL came up on Monday, took it in yesterday and this is what came up as well. Ordering the part and having it replaced under warranty next week. My car is only at 26k km though... That seems a bit early for this, no?