GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

P2015 Intake Manifold Flap Position Sensor (Bank 1): Implausible Signal

LightningRhod

Go Kart Champion
Thread bump.

Got this error code two days. I'm at 60k and my car is currently sitting at the dealer. I have an extended warranty so if the intake manifold needs to be replaced it'll be covered (minus deductible). The other things I'm having them check it are:

1) Excessive oil consumption. Changed the oil 3500 miles ago to the max line, oil level was already at the min when I checked it two days ago.

2) Click/metallic ting noise when turning steering wheel (full cock left or right). I'm guessing it's either the strut bearings or driveshaft hitting the heat shield.

3) Rubbing noise when pulling up the parking brake. No idea what this is.

thatspsychotic

Ready to race!
Just had the P2015 code come up today, after a particularly particularly rough start. Heading to dealer tomorrow anyways for inspection, fingers crossed that they do a valve cleaning! 48k miles.

GunMetalGTI

Go Kart Champion
Got mine replaced 2,500 miles ago under warranty and now the code is back lol. I guess another defective piece of shit VW manifold. Still under warranty. We need an aftermarket option for the love of God. Its taking way to long to make one for this power plant.

Bottom line is VW.......can't......make......a........PROPER MANIFOLD.

Its hilarious as it is annoying. Everyone here including new ppl that just joined an are just stock have had to get it replaced. Then you have half of those people that have to come back and get it replaced a second time. Its just a manifold. You'd think they could make something with some decent quality that lasted longer than 20k. I'm about to be at manifold number two within 28,500 miles. If you look at even Hyundai or even Honda they all have much nicer cast manifolds that aren't going to fail. VW, get off your ass and make a revised part that doesn't suck a phat d$ck. I say this realizing that even if the manifold was better made it would still get clogged with carb because VW f7cked up in that dept too.....and is now finally trying to fix their mistake with the MK7 E888 revision. Thanks....It only took two generations of models.

Last edited:

Brunkel

Go Kart Champion
My MIL light came on the other day. I filled up gas in the morning so I figured it was probably the gas cap. I re-tightened the gas cap and the light stayed on...Then it just randomly disappeared the following day...been off since (maybe about 5 days?).

Car seems to be running fine so I chalked it up to that, but I decided to go to autozone today just to get my car scanned and see what code is was throwing anyway. Came up with P2015. I'm only at 17K miles so I'll take it to the dealer under warranty but I probably can't bring it in for another week or so b/c of my schedule. Should I be worried about driving my daily commute like this?

Vesper

Ready to race!
Bump... so are people replacing the manifold or the sensor? What kind of costs were incurred? I had the sensor replaced and my concern is that was wasted money. I'm at 60k and change so I doubt VW is going to warranty me.

boki

Ready to race!
^Call VWoA and ask for help, that's what I did at 70k miles and out of warranty and they covered it free of charge, very nice of them. Unfortunately I got the cel just the other day again and I'll have to change for the third time (now at 106k miles) - this is really getting annoying. I also received a letter from VWoA like a year ago in which they were letting me know that they extended the warranty on intake manifold and some other part to 100k miles...maybe you'll be covered under that...good luck anyways.

reillyse

Go Kart Champion
^Call VWoA and ask for help, that's what I did at 70k miles and out of warranty and they covered it free of charge, very nice of them. Unfortunately I got the cel just the other day again and I'll have to change for the third time (now at 106k miles) - this is really getting annoying. I also received a letter from VWoA like a year ago in which they were letting me know that they extended the warranty on intake manifold and some other part to 100k miles...maybe you'll be covered under that...good luck anyways.

Just got p2015 code today. I had not heard of any extended warranty on the intake manifold. Man I hope I am wrong because my ass is broke. Also I am at 50k miles at the moment. Let me know if anyone has any info on the supposed extended warranty. If not does anyone have any idea of a price to get it replaced at the dealership?

Twistedgti

Ready to race!
Just got p2015 code today. I had not heard of any extended warranty on the intake manifold. Man I hope I am wrong because my ass is broke. Also I am at 50k miles at the moment. Let me know if anyone has any info on the supposed extended warranty. If not does anyone have any idea of a price to get it replaced at the dealership?

Literally just got home with the car from the dealership to get the manifold replaced for the exact same code. Went in this morning and said "I've got a p2015 code for the faulty intake manifold and I know I got a letter last year for the extended warranty on intake manifolds"

The advisor didn't bat an eye and said we'll scan and replace it today by 330, picked it back up at 330, $0 charge

reillyse

Go Kart Champion
Literally just got home with the car from the dealership to get the manifold replaced for the exact same code. Went in this morning and said "I've got a p2015 code for the faulty intake manifold and I know I got a letter last year for the extended warranty on intake manifolds"

The advisor didn't bat an eye and said we'll scan and replace it today by 330, picked it back up at 330, $0 charge

That makes me feel better. Hope my dealer is also mod friendly!!!