GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Pcv question

Calkulin

Ready to race!
I got the latest about 15-20k miles ago...AC iirc

I would double check just to be sure. But if you're having a vacuum leak, try turning on the car with the MAF unplugged to see if that clears up your issue, if it does, then you probably do have a leak somewhere

Fastball

Ready to race!

I posted this on another thread but I replaced the PCV valve a few weeks ago after searching out the cause of oil on the back passenger side of the engine. Several forums suggested a bad PCV could cause a blown gasket or other serious problems. After replacing the wheezing and hissing just about all went away and the car sounded much quieter under acceleration. The part cost $199 OTD and took less than 30 minutes to replace.

carmaster22

Passed Driver's Ed
funny as i just came from the thread with the guy from new zealand who had to replace his k04 on his R BECAUSE of the africa plate

That wasn't meant to antagonize. It's just funny when something supposed to be a solution

Can you link the thread? I'd like to read through it. I don't have a K04 but I do have the 034 catch can.

Mk6 Steve

Ready to race!
That was a spulen catch can. There africa plate is different. This guy most definitely didnt empty his catch can as often as he should have because the mention of white smoke.

FriggenT1

Banned
Ok, I pressure tested my IC last night, and there were no leaks, checked the plug gap which had opened slightly, so I put them back to .0025. There was a fair amount of oil that came out from the IC pipe after pressurizing it...oddly enough I've never had to add more than a half quart at most on the car with the friggen rotella, either way for an "air/oil separator" that thing does a shitty job.