GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

perfect day for driving

haleyann

Go Kart Champion
so today i had nothing to do and the sun was shining (which is kinda rare in december here) so i filled my baby up with gas and just drove north.

i seriously love where i live. some people say i live in the boonies, but i'm only 10 minutes from a taco bell, so its not that bad. but it's incredibly beautiful here, and the roads are perfect for my golf. i have the perfect combination of windy roads and wide open highways, and the luxury of living in a less populated and less patrolled area :)

so i just thought i'd share my awesome day with some people who may have similar experiences... most of my friends would ask why i spent my day wasting a few gallons of gas. they don't understand.

who else had an awesome day with their car?

oh, and i have a picture from driving towards mt. st. helens.

Attachments

• 1203001531.jpg
    1203001531.jpg
    88.2 KB · Views: 174

vdub10golf

Go Kart Champion
Nice pic! I love going on random spur of the moment roadtrips. I haven't had a chance to recently but last time I drove from Dallas to Austin because I had nothing better to do. :p

CSteelGrrl

Ready to race!
Sounds like a great day - I live on the other side of the border and envy your wide open space and windy roads. Congested city roads can really dampen the GTI spirit - I look forward to having a day like yours sometime soon :)

r56mcs

Ready to race!
Have you driven to the Larch Mountain? The road is closed near the top during the winter months but when it is open the road there is extremely fun. And the 10-15min hike to the top of the mountain is very rewarding. You can see all 5 major moutains in the area - Mt.Hood, Adams, Jefferson, Rainier, St. Helens.
I will make another trip there next spring.

Randum

Go Kart Champion
Nice, no mountains in Illinois, but I really enjoy our expressways or cruising by our lake... I wish we had mountains though...

xGaspy

Go Kart Champion
great photo! i do the same thing, yesterday i thought i'd take the "long way" into work just to have a little more driving time but it ended up backfiring and was in 1st gear way more than 6th! still quality time with my mk6 though

Stadpad

Go Kart Champion
my road trips usually go for 100+ miles. its hard to stop driving. there are to many curvy roads to drive on. i put 6k miles on in the first three months. i like the unplanned driving trips.:cool:

so today i had nothing to do and the sun was shining (which is kinda rare in december here) so i filled my baby up with gas and just drove north.

i seriously love where i live. some people say i live in the boonies, but i'm only 10 minutes from a taco bell, so its not that bad. but it's incredibly beautiful here, and the roads are perfect for my golf. i have the perfect combination of windy roads and wide open highways, and the luxury of living in a less populated and less patrolled area :)

so i just thought i'd share my awesome day with some people who may have similar experiences... most of my friends would ask why i spent my day wasting a few gallons of gas. they don't understand.

who else had an awesome day with their car?

oh, and i have a picture from driving towards mt. st. helens.

that is terrific. I need to make an effort to do something so spontaneous. Helps if we had more windy roads around here.

:w00t: