GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Popping Sound when Turning Steering Wheel

Emireitor

Ready to race!
its aliveee!!!

Sorry to revive this thread but, now mine is making this popping noise when I turn too! and it does get worse with time, any ideas?

Buffgli

Ready to race!
its aliveee!!!

Sorry to revive this thread but, now mine is making this popping noise when I turn too! and it does get worse with time, any ideas?

This is annoying as all hell. I've had my Konis for 25k+ miles. I just replaced my mounts for ttrs ones and added whiteline front endlinks and now it's occurring on both sides. I'm gonna lose it:mad:

untotenmk6

Ready to race!
You have to adjust your endlinks people. I only had this problem once. Got some st coil overs and sure enough there it was. That same noise. Lol. if you drop your car or modify suspention in any way then you must also upgrade endlinks
In order to keep sway bar in the right geometry. White line adjustable end links are pricey but totally worth it. Ride to hard on the stock end links and they will pop! The longer or shorter you make the endlinks depends on your ride hight

Buffgli

Ready to race!
You have to adjust your endlinks people. I only had this problem once. Got some st coil overs and sure enough there it was. That same noise. Lol. if you drop your car or modify suspention in any way then you must also upgrade endlinks
In order to keep sway bar in the right geometry. White line adjustable end links are pricey but totally worth it. Ride to hard on the stock end links and they will pop! The longer or shorter you make the endlinks depends on your ride hight

I bought them. Not happy at all. They pop more than a bag of Redenbacher. It's driving me crazy. Brand new tt mounts and skf bearings and whiteline front endlinks

untotenmk6

Ready to race!
Did you tighten them up. Or loosen them. The lower you go the longer you need the end link. The sway bar must also stay level.

Jigetz

Hey guys, I had this issue too. After reading and reading I took it to my dealer and asked them to check the steering column heat shield. It was bent out of alignment and was causing the popping sound when turning the wheel. I'd put my money on it being that.

dcpppf

Ready to race!
Just bumping this thread as well... tried everything in these threads (new strut bearings, end links, sway bar adjustment, tyrol subframe dead set kit, heat shield inspection)... I'm struggling to see where the heat shield may be hitting so any photos/diagrams would be helpful... but beyond that any other thoughts? it ONLY happens while sitting still

dcpppf

Ready to race!
I haven't really. just did the wiggling of teh wheel test with it int he air. mine felt solid lol