GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Port Forwarding on a Xbox

Danny Boy1

Ready to race!
anyone have experience doing this? I can access the page on my netgear router its just that every online article says different port numbers :iono:

mitsuplex

Passed Driver's Ed
Punch these through.

If you have a firewall or network hardware, such as a router, you might need to make a configuration change in order for your Xbox 360 console to communicate with Xbox LIVE. This configuration change is sometimes called “opening ports” or "port forwarding."

Xbox LIVE requires the following ports to be open:

Port 88 (UDP)
Port 3074 (UDP and TCP)
Port 53 (UDP and TCP)
Port 80 (TCP)

Danny Boy1

Ready to race!
sweet ill try these. now when I type them in do I open and end them on the same number? like the first one, do I type 88 for the start and 88 at the end point. or do I open a range through it 87 then 89

CodeB4U

Go Kart Champion

what is all this? i have an xbox, what can i do with it?

If you have the option of upnp you should enable that on your router. Saves you time and effort going through the port numbers.

Are you getting an error of moderate or strict nat?

sweet ill try these. now when I type them in do I open and end them on the same number? like the first one, do I type 88 for the start and 88 at the end point. or do I open a range through it 87 then 89

Start and end on the same number.

Danny Boy1

Ready to race!
CodeB4U; if you're not having connection issues you don't need any of this.

ok so i have to open and end the port with the same number, BUT, now i cant type the same IP address for the xbox because its being used already? -____-

Danny Boy1

Ready to race!
If you have the option of upnp you should enable that on your router. Saves you time and effort going through the port numbers.

Are you getting an error of moderate or strict nat?

my NAT is open, the problem is i keep getting a "disconnected from cod server" when playing mw3. first time problem too, weird. let me look for the upnp option

Danny Boy1

Ready to race!
found it. its been on

Attachments

• Screen shot 2011-11-20 at 10.06.10 AM.png
    Screen shot 2011-11-20 at 10.06.10 AM.png
    38.6 KB · Views: 143

mitsuplexnyc

Ready to race!
Sounds like a dhcp reservation problem. You should have dhcp enabled with a large enough pool (254 for instance) that can dynamically assign your xbox a new rfc1918 address so as to not overlap any statically assigned problems.

Danny Boy1

Ready to race!
OK, found out the problem as to why it wasnt allowing me to forward 3074 port. UPnp was clicked "ON" so it was already using the port 3074. i kept getting a error message saying it was being used, i just didnt know why or who. clicked it "OFF" and i was able to set it. this video helped put all the crap i was reading online that i was understanding into perspective

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nMcddyHoHZg

I will see if my connection issues are resolved tonight. if not i will try other ports and update this thread if anyone else is in the same boat.

Sounds like a dhcp reservation problem. You should have dhcp enabled with a large enough pool (254 for instance) that can dynamically assign your xbox a new rfc1918 address so as to not overlap any statically assigned problems.

Every once in a while I have to remind myself that not everyone is as technically savvy to understand what you just said as we are :)