GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Possibly repainting my car

callmegti

Go Kart Champion
this.....so this......

Keep it original.
Wash the living shit out of it, then wrap it a different color. Doesn't HAVE to be matte color. You can get it wrapped it and have look like an actual paint job.

Pretty dawm expensive, but wont have to worry about resale value, and plus, you protect the paint.

Is here, ain't no paint job. lol

man that is sexy. I seriously want a frs and go rocketbunny for those scene points lol Yea its hard to decide because once i paint it then that is the color forever. I might just paint it white but a different shade so it wont be too bad. Probably a pearly white like the cadillac diamond that spirius suggested.

mycrors7

Go Kart Champion
good paint is gonna cost you a very pretty penny, and someone that does a good job painting it is gonna charge you another penny

my brother had his a4 repainted after it got keyed
exterior paint only in some pearl black color(cant remember the name)
it cost an upward of $4k and that was at an "okay" shop

that being said, if you are still going to paint it....

Laguna Blue

Phoenix Yellow

Fire Orange

Sepang Bronze

Yuzu Yellow

you could tell i like the color options bmw offers

mycrors7

Go Kart Champion
oh and a secret to making paint look extremely well is to get an extremely thick clear coat(an extra 3-4 layers) then have a professional detailer buff and polish the crap out of it to the point where it eats away a couple layers of the clear

it sounds sketchy, but ive seen some cheap paint jobs look almost identical to oem paint from doing that.

callmegti

Go Kart Champion
good paint is gonna cost you a very pretty penny, and someone that does a good job painting it is gonna charge you another penny

my brother had his a4 repainted after it got keyed
exterior paint only in some pearl black color(cant remember the name)
it cost an upward of $4k and that was at an "okay" shop

that being said, if you are still going to paint it....

Laguna Blue

Phoenix Yellow

Fire Orange

Sepang Bronze

Yuzu Yellow

you could tell i like the color options bmw offers

i really like that laguna seca blue but i don't know how it would translate onto a mk6. The sepang bronze looks pretty nice and subtle too.

callmegti

Go Kart Champion
so it looks like i am most likely going for suzuka grey. I like how it is closest to white but has that gray hue. nothing too extreme yet something different from the crowd.

gti_kev

Go Kart Champion
Although I love the BMW colors they offer too, I don't think they'll look good on an MK6. just can't see it with them colors. I have a huge imagination and I imagine them ugly. lol

EDIT: I remember seeing photoshopped GTI's in the the official photoshop thread, it was a 35 edition in different colors. I can't seem to find it on my phone doe.

callmegti

Go Kart Champion
Although I love the BMW colors they offer too, I don't think they'll look good on an MK6. just can't see it with them colors. I have a huge imagination and I imagine them ugly. lol

EDIT: I remember seeing photoshopped GTI's in the the official photoshop thread, it was a 35 edition in different colors. I can't seem to find it on my phone doe.

yea lol i was trying to imagine it and it would look kinda extreme. If i were to decide on those colors i would just wrap it or plasti dip lol. at least the color i chose would be close to oem but different i guess

gti_kev

Go Kart Champion
I was also thinking silver too, just cause there isn't silver metallic GTI's here in the states.

corydd

Go Kart Champion
I did several color change mockups for some peeps a while ago. I still have the PSD file so doing a new color is easy. Let me know if there are any colors you want to see.

callmegti

Go Kart Champion
I did several color change mockups for some peeps a while ago. I still have the PSD file so doing a new color is easy. Let me know if there are any colors you want to see.

That looks great! Can you do nardo grey or Suzuka grey? I really want to see how it looks. That green is tempting

mk7matteo

Go Kart Champion
I just saw that yellow FRS driving around Valencia, lol... also that green with the bronze rims is a sweet set up

mycrors7

Go Kart Champion

the secret to killing the game is to make the color work on the car

here's a poop brown silverado
it sounds ugly at first. but id drive that in a heartbeat

gti_kev

Go Kart Champion
Looks good, but like said, our chassis, lines and all jus doesn't cut it. FOR ME AT LEAST. lol
I'm actually thinking of wrapping my car too... and guess what color... FUCKING BLACK. Hahahaha seriously. I love black mk6's.