GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

PZEV Owners Beware!

Soonster

Thanks OP!

Took the vehicle in for an under boost check-engine light and dealer quoted me around $2k for new turbo. This thread saved me $$$ and the VW covered néw Turbo and new head due to the broken stud.

blingdub

Go Kart Newbie
Interesting...does this only cover work from dealers or will VWOA reimburse small shops? And I guess, anyone tried to get reimbursement retroactively?

Soonster

Interesting...does this only cover work from dealers or will VWOA reimburse small shops? And I guess, anyone tried to get reimbursement retroactively?
I am not sure. My understanding is the PZEV warranty is a federally required warranty but many dealers and VWOA customer service are not familiar with. It took me many trips to the dealer showing the warranty info to educate them on it.

AAnton

If you have a PZEV vehicle, I'm pretty sure the emissions coverage is only for certain states correct (states that require emissions testing)? In ND here, we don't have any emissions testing and I'm pretty sure if I needed any work on my 2013, from the list in this thread, that it wouldn't be covered.

Soonster

If you have a PZEV vehicle, I'm pretty sure the emissions coverage is only for certain states correct (states that require emissions testing)? In ND here, we don't have any emissions testing and I'm pretty sure if I needed any work on my 2013, from the list in this thread, that it wouldn't be covered.
I think you are correct. I’m in NY so we have emissions testing and follow the CA emission requirements.

uglybastard

Autocross Champion
I imagine you would have to pay the shop and get a check cut from VWoA. Don't think that any small shop would wait on VWoA to send them a thing so that they could get paid.