GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Q&A on water/methanol injection by Aquamist

tech@aquamist

Passed Driver's Ed
I am part of the Aquamist team, based in UK.

I have signed up here as a sponsor for the next three months. Please feel free to ask and discuss any water/meth injection topics here, I do my best to give you an accurate answer.

Richard

Last edited:

ErBall

Measurement Mogul
I'm a big fan of your products but already have a different controller & pump. I've looked on mcmaster but can't seem to find a simple compression adaptor from 1/4 to 4mm. Absolutely love to run your nozzles.

Cryptic19111

Go Kart Champion
You may have to go from 1/4 to something else and then back to the 4mm. Just google 4mm push fit, and you'll find all kinds of stuff. I just don't think you're going to find a single fitting that is 1/4 push fit to 4mm push fit

HYDE161

Go Kart Champion
This is great to see Aquamist participating as a sponsor on this forum. Aquamist is one of the founding companies to bring water methanol systems to the market since the early 90's I believe. No one, and I mean no one is more valued in terms of knowledge and application recommendations. Aquamist has provided the marketplace with the highest quality components, hardware, technical assistance and customer support. If anyone is planning on adding a water methanol setup to their car, I highly recommend looking at their full line-up first. If you want to know what to run for your car and your goals, Aquamist will offer direct personal support to get you setup.

XGC75

Go Kart Champion
Awesome thread. Great to see this kind of content, can't wait for the knowledge drops.

mr wrong

Drag Racing Champion
I've been considering a simple 2 nozzle setup for awhile.. Looking to minimize carbon buildup mostly and cooler IAT's and a bit of a perormance bump. Not looking for anything radical- just want a safe install and forget system aside from adding fluid of course.. Do you offer a complete install ready kit like this?

pashley

Ready to race!
I've been considering a simple 2 nozzle setup for awhile.. Looking to minimize carbon buildup mostly and cooler IAT's and a bit of a perormance bump. Not looking for anything radical- just want a safe install and forget system aside from adding fluid of course.. Do you offer a complete install ready kit like this?

Yep...I want the same. I'm not trying to run 100 octane maps or get crazy HP out of this, but running cleaner and cooler are definitely goals. Looking forward to this thread.

Gaz-M

Passed Driver's Ed
Im also interested in knowing what benefits id get from fitting to a Golf GTi 2.0TSI with K04 turbo, bigger intercooler etc and running hopefully near 400hp?

I know its good for keeping the valves clean, but how much other benefits is there, how much lower IATs and what kind of extra power? Is it worth while on a fast road car or just for track?

What price is a full ready to fit kit? How is it mapped in?

:thumbup:

tech@aquamist

Passed Driver's Ed
I'm a big fan of your products but already have a different controller & pump. I've looked on mcmaster but can't seem to find a simple compression adaptor from 1/4 to 4mm. Absolutely love to run your nozzles.

This is not a problem, the inlet of port of aquamist hex manifold can accommodate either a 6mm or 1/4" OD hose. When ordering the DP kit, just make a comment at the check out stage, we will pack the requested fitting on your order.

Last edited:

tech@aquamist

Passed Driver's Ed
This is great to see Aquamist participating as a sponsor on this forum. Aquamist is one of the founding companies to bring water methanol systems to the market since the early 90's I believe. No one, and I mean no one is more valued in terms of knowledge and application recommendations. Aquamist has provided the marketplace with the highest quality components, hardware, technical assistance and customer support. If anyone is planning on adding a water methanol setup to their car, I highly recommend looking at their full line-up first. If you want to know what to run for your car and your goals, Aquamist will offer direct personal support to get you setup.

Thanks for the support, we are the earliest and the offer the latest. This trend will continue. Up to now, we are the only system that reads DI signal from the various makes of DI fuel injectors.

sticksabuser

Ready to race!
Do you guys have an mk6 GTI kit that you sell?

tech@aquamist

Passed Driver's Ed
Yep...I want the same. I'm not trying to run 100 octane maps or get crazy HP out of this, but running cleaner and cooler are definitely goals. Looking forward to this thread.

Im also interested in knowing what benefits id get from fitting to a Golf GTi 2.0TSI with K04 turbo, bigger intercooler etc and running hopefully near 400hp?

I know its good for keeping the valves clean, but how much other benefits is there, how much lower IATs and what kind of extra power? Is it worth while on a fast road car or just for track?

What price is a full ready to fit kit? How is it mapped in?

:thumbup:

Currently there are two systems on offer, all progressive and reads FSI signal. Featuring constant pressure of 160psi (up to 200psi), inline PWM valve, (same as fuel injection system). Here are some brief descriptions of each:

HFS3 ......... inject based on 100% IDC or 70% IDC and 30% boost.
HFS4 ......... inject based on IDC and Boost , infinitely variable between the two.

HFS2 is the same as HFS but without dash gauge and flow sensor based failsafe.

As regarding IAT cooling, you will be expecting to see 20-30C reduction with M50/W50 mix. Mire reduction if you increase the methanol concentration. Some aquamist users may chime in and give greater real life details on this.

As for power, expecting a 10% increase is average. If you tune for meth, you will double that easily. Make sure you get the HFS3 or HFS4. Failsafe/Boost cut is very important.

Last edited:

tech@aquamist

Passed Driver's Ed
Do you guys have an mk6 GTI kit that you sell?

All our kit can be configured for a specific model from factory if you specify your engine code at the check out. We will supply a wiring diagram with your order.

For more experienced users, you can visit the link below:
http://www.aquamist.co.uk/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2193

I will be here for a while, I can help you trouble shoot if you get into any setting up and installation problems. Therare quite a few experienced users here already, I am sure they will come in and help.