GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Question about going from 18” to 19” wheels

AndersVW

Hey All. I just switched from the stock OEM laguna wheels to some aftermarket 19” rotiforms and I’m wondering if there’s anything I need to do with the TPMS system or anything as I’ve read moving to larger wheels can throw off the speedometer and TPMS system. If anyone could let me know, that would be great. Thanks!

g-magoo

Autocross Champion
The wheel speed sensors will look for variations in wheel diameter at each corner and determine if they are within a certain % of one another. As long as the overall rolling diameter is the same at all 4 corners, you shouldn't have any issues with the TPMS.

gijoewoz

Go Kart Champion
Oh dang, you're going the wrong direction, 17" wheels from the factory would have made this a better car than it is with 18" wheels.

What year is your car? My 2014 doesn't have classic TPMS like most cars, but maybe some of the earlier MK6's did, I don't know.

GolNat

Autocross Champion
TPMS will learn new diameter just need to reset it with the button (if you Have one).

Speedo could be off depending on how much the rolling diameter changed. You can compensate the Speedo some in the MFI.

AndersVW

Oh dang, you're going the wrong direction, 17" wheels from the factory would have made this a better car than it is with 18" wheels.

What year is your car? My 2014 doesn't have classic TPMS like most cars, but maybe some of the earlier MK6's did, I don't know.
Its a 2013. I know its got TPMS but it might be a little different since I don't have the glove-box reset button. I had to use a Vagcom to reset my TPMS.

AndersVW

TPMS will learn new diameter just need to reset it with the button (if you Have one).

Speedo could be off depending on how much the rolling diameter changed. You can compensate the Speedo some in the MFI.
I looked a little bit through MFI and didn't see anything but I'll take another look. thanks