GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Question on Full Race Build Disable Modules

FSTSNAL

Go Kart Champion
Starting to have some issues on my mk6 and realizing at some point I may have to retire it and sell it for parts. What I am considering instead is building it fully for road race. If I do this I will be rebuilding the engine with stronger parts, probably going a stage 3+ turbo, tube chassis, etc.

my question is is there a way to remove certain modules, basically anything outside of engine and DSG transmission management and if so how?

GIACUser

Master Wallet Mechanic
Sounds like you ought to head into a VW/Audi race shop and talk with folks who build them for a living. Built motors, sequential trans, tube chassis are pretty rarified on this forum. You might start with 034 Motorsports in the Bay area to refer you to race prep shops, or look for shops surrounding Laguna Seca or Sonoma Raceway areas where they have a lot of race car related engine builders, fabricators etc. You are looking at a huge amount of money, to do this with your car. Probably other platforms would be cheaper to build than this car.

FSTSNAL

Go Kart Champion
Sounds like you ought to head into a VW/Audi race shop and talk with folks who build them for a living. Built motors, sequential trans, tube chassis are pretty rarified on this forum. You might start with 034 Motorsports in the Bay area to refer you to race prep shops, or look for shops surrounding Laguna Seca or Sonoma Raceway areas where they have a lot of race car related engine builders, fabricators etc. You are looking at a huge amount of money, to do this with your car. Probably other platforms would be cheaper to build than this car.
Thanks. I am familiar with 034. I used to live 10 minutes from them. I am not far in sacramento. I may contact WRD out here I know they work with them. For suspension I have a shop already with Roger Kraus racing in Castro valley. My last street prepared car they did all the suspension work.