GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Radio swap

dargudin

Im going to upgrade the radio in my mk6 gti, i have the touchscreen one without nav. I was wondering if possible i could put that radio into a 2013 beetle plug in play?

GeorgiaBII

Drag Race Newbie
You'll need the radio code. I'm not sure how you go about getting that but google should be able to tell you.

Johnny Two Tone

Ready to race!
As far as I know all VWs that have radio that have radio codes (eg. RCD510 in a Golf) have a sticker in the owner's manual that has that code printed on it. If you don't have the manual because you lost it or because you bought the car second hand and the code is missing then I'm not sure how you can get the code, but I'm sure a VW dealer can find it, probably for a fee.

Wascally Wabbit1

Ready to race!
As far as I know all VWs that have radio that have radio codes (eg. RCD510 in a Golf) have a sticker in the owner's manual that has that code printed on it. If you don't have the manual because you lost it or because you bought the car second hand and the code is missing then I'm not sure how you can get the code, but I'm sure a VW dealer can find it, probably for a fee.
That's a big negative. I had a 2010 TDI with RCD510 and a Golf with a 310 and both had the owners manual but nothing in there with codes. I swapped stereos before selling the TDI back to VW for dieselgate. To get the codes you have to take the serial numbers from the radios in to the dealer and show proof you own the car. They will look it up for free.

Johnny Two Tone

Ready to race!
That's a big negative. I had a 2010 TDI with RCD510 and a Golf with a 310 and both had the owners manual but nothing in there with codes. I swapped stereos before selling the TDI back to VW for dieselgate. To get the codes you have to take the serial numbers from the radios in to the dealer and show proof you own the car. They will look it up for free.
I checked my manual and the radio code was in there, but only because the salesman hand wrote it in there so that I wouldn't lose it.