GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

RCD-510 AE Software Update

ericdmann

Passed Driver's Ed
Just got it done. It takes 2 hours (I watched the progress bar the entire time, it really does) and they do it via your obd. You have to take the car in.

That said, it is totally worth it. Sound quality is better, mono sound is fixed, and track titles show. It also feels snappier.

My car was tuned and switched back to stock. Didn't say a word or affect anything. Switched it back after and all was good.

Out of curiosity, what tune do you have? (GIAC, APR, REVO)

xd-data-ii

Go Kart Champion
Anyone else think the screen is more saturated looking after the update? Like the contrast is set way too high and it is whitewashed out.
It's not a brightness setting thing - still washed out looking at all brightness settings.

Dunno if it is an iOS6 issue but the song timing over Bluetooth is always wrong.

jkilla1

Ready to race!
Hello I have a 2012 GTI that only came with a rcd-310. Recently I purchased the rcd-510 and upon installing I can hear a big difference in audio quality via mdi(ipod) compared to before. CDs however sound the same. Did I do something wrong with installing? BTW I bought the AE version. If i take it to VW being the car is under warranty still will they give me problems because the car originally did not come with this unit?

xd-data-ii

Go Kart Champion
Yep. They wont cover warranty on the new radio. Only the 310 per your original configuration
CDs are CD quality. It wont sound different between RCD-310 and RCD-510.

xd-data-ii

Go Kart Champion
The menu has numerous options and one is something like version info. Click through them

ImageUploadedByTapatalk 21365473516.833351.jpg

bmc333

Ready to race!
Awesome thread! I was wondering about this since I just recently bought my GTI and noticed the stupid mono bluetooth for music...