GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

RCD-510

BarryT82

Go Kart Champion
RCD-510 revision AF- $315 shipped and insured with the security code.
I have a revision AC for $280 shipped
1K0035188F with a camera input for $325 shipped
I can change the coding on any unit before shipping it if it needs to be done.

Last edited:

Deaks2

Ready to race!
Does the AE have teh latest software to fix the mono BT audio bug?

xd-data-ii

Go Kart Champion
It's all models - later 2012 and 2013 models on all VW cars and nothing to do with the Bluetooth module
It's a firmware issue on the radio

Deaks2

Ready to race!
The firmware update is out for AF headunits: http://forums.vwvortex.com/showthread.php?5593793-2012-Passat-Bluetooth-Iphone-Stereo-vs-Mono/page11
I have 2013 CC that exhibited the same issues in this thread. I went in for my 1000 mile courtesy check. Asked them about a software update, pulled up my VIN and sure enough there was one available.

However, he indicated it was not a public(?) update, but rather only for cars 'in inventory'. He asked me to explain the issue I was having, and I did the iphone pan L & R trick. He understood the problem and got authorization to try the update on my vehicle.

Sure enough it corrected the problem. Streaming in perfect stereo now.

The update # on my repair ticket is listed as:

91J7 2012-10-02 Update - RCD 510 (Premium 8) Radio Software (Inv_only)

So... give that a try at your dealership. You may have to ask nicely for them to do it on your vehicle, because as of now, apparently the dealer is not getting reimbursed from VW to perform this fix on customers cars, yet. I assume that will change soon. But mine was done at no charge to me, and I'm a happy camper now.

I just finished upgrading my Pandora and am ready to go!

Good luck...

Andy

xd-data-ii

Go Kart Champion
That's for the AE and that's what I was referring to. It's not officially out. Should be soon for current owners though and probably a $60+ cost to get it upgraded on a radio not included with the car.
The AF model update is available but it didn't have the mono sound issue. I think they both anyway solve the auto playing music on the phone issue.

Deaks2

Ready to race!
That's for the AE and that's what I was referring to. It's not officially out. Should be soon for current owners though and probably a $60+ cost to get it upgraded on a radio not included with the car.
The AF model update is available but it didn't have the mono sound issue. I think they both anyway solve the auto playing music on the phone issue.

AF has the mono sound issue. I tested an AF in a 2013 CC at the dealership earlier this week.

xd-data-ii

Go Kart Champion
Hmmm. Interesting. Not sure why they are giving old radios with 2013 cars.
Anyway.... meh. Hopefully the update will be out soon

BarryT82

Go Kart Champion
VW put out a bulletin to all the dealerships stating that any new car on the lot was to be updated before being sold.

FlyByGti1

Go Kart Champion
I wish I had money to pay for this at this moment... Payday needs to hurry up and get here. How much are you looking for picked up??

quality_sound

hmm.......

Mine is an AF and it has the mono streaming issue.

BarryT82

Go Kart Champion
I have the file for the AF radios on my computer. I can email it to you, but you need VCDS to be able to install it. When the AE version comes out I can send it to anyone who wants it also.