GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Rear hatch issues

sullygully

My display shows my hatch as being open, when it isn't. Does the same if it's locked. Also, rear lights on hatch and reverse lights don't work, neither does the wiper or washer.

Anything that I should be looking at first? The latch works, locks, unlocks as it should. The car alarm did go off in the middle of the night as well, which I'm assuming is related.

Anyone had a similar issue?

uglybastard

Autocross Champion
My display shows my hatch as being open, when it isn't. Does the same if it's locked. Also, rear lights on hatch and reverse lights don't work, neither does the wiper or washer.

Anything that I should be looking at first? The latch works, locks, unlocks as it should. The car alarm did go off in the middle of the night as well, which I'm assuming is related.

Anyone had a similar issue?
Could be the wiring loom at the hinge area starting to deteriorate. I'd start by looking at the connectors that terminate at the latch and work back to where it enters the cabin. Look for damaged wiring and connectors. Could just be corrosion in the connector since its intermittent . Good luck.

sullygully

Could be the wiring loom at the hinge area starting to deteriorate. I'd start by looking at the connectors that terminate at the latch and work back to where it enters the cabin. Look for damaged wiring and connectors. Could just be corrosion in the connector since its intermittent . Good luck.
Thanks. I took at look and all was ok. I ended up ordering a new latch off Ebay for $35, and wouldn't you know it everything works now.