GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Replace an RCD210 with an RCD330+ in a VW Golf mk6 1.2 Bluemotion.

nosvasedis

Hello.
I am interested in buying an RCD330+ and installing it in my VW Golf Mk6 1.2 Bluemotion that has an original RCD210.
First, I want somebody to enlighten me as to what model of RCD330 I should buy. I want the latest, most stable one that fully supports Android Auto and can be updated by me (NONAME I guess?).
Second, and most importantly, do I need to buy any adaptor or plug or anything apart from the radio? In AliExpress all the vendors are confusing and some tell me I do, while others say I don't.
I DON'T have a multi purpose wheel, nor do I want to install a rear camera. I simply want the radio to be fully functional.
Thank you very much for your time.

PS: This is the RCD210:
RCD-210.jpg

svickstc

Go Kart Champion
Sounds like with Android you want a mirror link version of rcd330. I know with my autobahn gti replacing was a simple swap and no coding needed for steering wheel function Dynaudio function using a car play version.

Install should be a simple swap just look for one on eBay that supports mirror link, I think some models can support both, but double check this in the sale ad. Most are coming from China so shipping takes time

nosvasedis

So the plugs are the same, right? I don't have to order any adaptor or anything else along with the radio you think?

Wascally Wabbit1

Drag Racing Champion
There are a lot of versions of the RCD330+. You want the no name version if you want Android Auto. All versions come with Apple car play but not all versions come with Android Auto. Mirror link is worthless. Basically you want the 330G if you want to update it and have it plug n play. I am not familiar with the 210 but my guess is it's the same plug and will be plug n play.