GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Replaced intake- Now getting P2008 intake manifold runner circuit open bank 1 code

Cryptic19111

Go Kart Champion
Hey guys, I just replaced my intake manifold on my 2008 tsi gti, and as soon as I started it, I had a "P2008 Intake Manifold Runner Circuit Open Bank 1" code. I cleared it with my apr mobile dongle, and it comes right back immediately. I thought maybe I didn't have the harness clipped into the sensor on the end of the intake fully, so I popped the oil filter off, then unclipped and reclipped it, and heard it click. I then took it out for a drive, hoping that it would cycle something, and clear the error, but it still comes back immediately after I clear it.. :rolleyes: The car runs like a dream now, though. I always had some low end herky jerkyness, and it's nice and smooth now

Anyone else ever run across this? I don't remember if I had p2008 errors prior, but I know I for sure had the p2015, and it popped the cel on, so I couldn't pass emissions. If nothing else, I'm hoping this p2008 is a soft code and won't cause me to fail.

Cryptic19111

Go Kart Champion
It's resolved now.. I was a retard and forgot to plug the damn harness into the back of the flapper actuator. The one on the right side facing the firewall. The wire fell in such a way that I didn't see it after I removed the old intake, and with the new one, I didn't see the connector since it was on the back. Plugged it in, cleared the codes, and it's been good since

:lol:

zrickety

The Fixer
It's resolved now..
Just wanted to say thanks for this thread. I finished my manifold today (was waiting for a coolant temp harness) and had this same code. Just the plug I didn't see.

:thumbsup:

It's resolved now.. I was a retard and forgot to plug the damn harness into the back of the flapper actuator. The one on the right side facing the firewall. The wire fell in such a way that I didn't see it after I removed the old intake, and with the new one, I didn't see the connector since it was on the back. Plugged it in, cleared the codes, and it's been good since

2010 Audi A3 TFSI 2.0

Hahaha same here, just to replace the bad knock sensor I opened all the oil cooler, coolant pump and intake manifold, and changed the gaskets, after adding everything to the engine it took 6 hours, but guess what I got the p2008 code. By the way, the harness is by the left driver side not the right side ?