GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Retro fit a dynaudio 2012 cabriolet set into golf r cabriolet 2013

Jomsy

My R has front pillar tweeters , front door speakers and rear door speakers with rns 315 with sat nav. There is no subwoofer or amplifier, stock system as per many mark 6 golfs.

I have sourced from a GTI cabriolet same year a dynaudio set up including replacement pillar tweeters, front door speakers , rear door speakers , a subwoofer speaker and underseat amplifier. This is to replace a stock system in my golf r cabriolet which is missing sub and amplifier. My head unit is rns 315 with sat

The good news is there are scattered online posts on amplifier and rns 315 pin outs cabling etc and trim removal

I have the amplifier pigtails and an extension for the quad lock connector I will Post a pic.

Firstly has anyone done this

Specific questions :

Do the dynaudio speakers and the standard VW speakers have the same connectors I know after drilling out the rivets they fit from online posts.
Has any one a pic of how the dynaudio subwoofer speaker which I understand fits in the rear door alongside the rear speaker positions

My simple thoughts are, plug a new quad lock extension in the rear of the head unit , plug the existing quad lock into that extention
Cut the wires in the extension which relate to audio outs preserving original quad lock iincase installation reversed

Cut wires from head are to be be run to the amplifier in pigtails
Cut wires to speakers can be run to amplifier for audio out pigtails
Can bus wires can be spliced and sent to amplifier pigtails
Run wires new from amplifier pigtails to new subwoofer

I have details of coding that I understand is needed to make head units output satisfactory

This way I use all the existing wires and connectors for Speakers bar new sub , and only run one loom containing can-bus, audio in and out, and power (to fuse box). , from head unit to sub under seat. I can pre make up a loom

the only other wiring appears from amplifier pigtails to the extra speaker, the sub.

Trim removal, lots of detail on line and power and ground suggestions.

Is it really this straight forward any experiences appreciated

Attachments

• A52003CC-178A-4629-B65B-EF2D19CFB5A8.jpeg
    A52003CC-178A-4629-B65B-EF2D19CFB5A8.jpeg
    193.4 KB · Views: 82
  • 80BEBC6F-16E2-4E2B-BD25-F9AAE8F468E2.jpeg
    80BEBC6F-16E2-4E2B-BD25-F9AAE8F468E2.jpeg
    230.9 KB · Views: 103
Last edited:

Jomsy

Seems from eBay golf speakers have 4 pins dynaudio 2 any one know why.
also does anyone know how the sub in a dynaudio setup gets its signal,, there does not seem to be a sub out on dynaudio amplifier , does it come from head unit if so which output speaker pins , wires