GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Retrofit headlights

demon342

Ready to race!
Hi, I'm looking around for places that do custom retrofits for the Golf R. I've contacted a few people so far to see if they can pull off the OSRAM headlight look at a cheaper price with possibly more features like RGB strips. My question is does anyone have any recommendations of people that do custom retrofits for something like this?

riceburner

Autocross Champion
i think some have used some place called 'lightistransformation' if i'm not mistaken. seems to look great.

demon342

Ready to race!
Cool! Never knew this existed. Another question. Will any OSRAM XENARC headlights work with the Golf R? Most just say the GTI

Uberryan

Banned
Just a heads up, you posted this in the golf R sub-forum, and since golf r's come with the xenons, I assume you instead have the halogens that come with the GTI?

Otherwise, I would never butcher the xenons in such a fashion.

demon342

Ready to race!
Just a heads up, you posted this in the golf R sub-forum, and since golf r's come with the xenons, I assume you instead have the halogens that come with the GTI?

Otherwise, I would never butcher the xenons in such a fashion.

Because the xenons are a little dated. The osram headlights look modern and up to date

Fast-R

Passed Driver's Ed
I think the black housing OEM Xenon headlights are the best looking headlights for an MK6 IMO..

To me, the Osram's are wanna be MK7 headlights... I don't get why folks want the MK6 to look like the MK7.

demon342

Ready to race!
I think the black housing OEM Xenon headlights are the best looking headlights for an MK6 IMO..

To me, the Osram's are wanna be MK7 headlights... I don't get why folks want the MK6 to look like the MK7.

It's not about making it look like the mk7 but changing the OEM look and having something unique. I like the oem look don't get me wrong, but imo those osram headlights are the best looking for the mk6 platform

Fast-R

Passed Driver's Ed
It's not about making it look like the mk7 but changing the OEM look and having something unique. I like the oem look don't get me wrong, but imo those osram headlights are the best looking for the mk6 platform

Fair enough, but the fact they basically took the styling from the MK7 doesn't make it too original to me, it's like they are trying to copy. Wouldn't be surprised if some mistake your car for an MK7. You did hit your desire to have something unique, don't think I've ever seen those on a car in person. Hopefully the lighting output is quality like OEM.

I too was looking for something different than my regular Xenons, only set that suited my taste was the OEM Euro Black Housing headlights.. They are the identical to the OEM chrome ones it replaced, but the chrome pieces are black.. I feel horrible I paid that much for just a minor change, but the subtle change transformed the way the front end looks, I'm glad I did it..