GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Reverse Camera 12v Fuse Tap - Size Fuse(s)?

TakmaN

Ready to race!
I'm undertaking installing an OEM badge reverse camera and want to make sure I do it safely. For the constant 12v power needed, I'm using a fuse connector to the fuse box but have no idea what size fuse(s) I'll need. It has two spaces for fuses and one video tutorial said to use 2x10A but ECS tuning shows tapping (without using a fuse connector) into the hot 12v wiring with only a 5A fuse. Anyone have input as to what the proper fuse size is? And should I be using the same fuse size in both slots on the fuse connector?

Last edited:

1ashchuckton

Autocross Champion
I can't tell you what fuse to use. I will tell you to use a 5A. Also use an add a fuse rather than just tapping in. Good luck with the install. Let us know how it goes.

TakmaN

Ready to race!
Thanks! Just finished wiring everything up today and I used 2x10A fuses on an ATC sized add a fuse but will switch them out to 1x5A fuse since I used an empty fuse slot. I still need vag-com coding to enable the camera but everything seems to be functioning properly.

Took me a good part of two days as I was going through every step super carefully and still broke tabs and lost screws ugh.

Last edited: