GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Review: New ECS MK6 rear hatch Spoiler (2020)

WalkerT

Go Kart Champion
My review
Project GTI
Product: ECS tuning MK6 rear hatch Spoiler
Price: $149.95
Part number: ES#4056658

Reason: I had the previous version of the ECS rear hatch spoiler and I did not like how it looked. The previous version was a copy of all the other ebay hatch spoilers and the fit and finish was crappy. It also did not flow with the lines of the car. Looked very after thought and stuck on.

So ECS has come out with another hatch spoiler that they designed and it takes the OEM spoiler and makes it more aggressive and it keeps the same lines as the OEM. So I said what the heck, at the time it was on sale for $130. This one flows with the OEM lines and is 3d modeled to fit over the OEM spoiler.

Benefits: It does turn up more than 2 inches and I am sure it increases downforce and drag. I personally don’t like the small OEM spoiler and the top of the hatch really benefits from the added look of an aggressive spoiler.

Includes: Spoiler & 3m tape (unlike the other spoiler I did not change out the 3m tape)

Pros: Very light. My previous spoiler way solid fiber glass and weighted more than 5 lbs. were this one is less than a pound. This one is flow formed plastic with a Gloss UV finish.

Cons: As you can see in the pictures I don’t like how it sticks past the bottom. I would like it to be even but this is part of how this spoiler is installed.

Conclusion: Looks way better and has a much better appearance than the old spoiler but with the new look it is less noticeable. I am super happy with this one compared to the last one.

So if you don’t like the duck bill ebay spoilers and you are more of an OEM+ person than I would recommend this one.

Link: https://www.ecstuning.com/b-ecs-par...oiler-extension-gloss-black/028762ecs01-01~a/

More reviews like this are posted on our group - link my signature - MK6 VW Drivers Group
spoiler 4.JPG
Spoiler mk6.jpg
Spoiler 2 mk6.jpg
Spoiler 3 mk6.jpg
Spoiler 5 mk6.jpg
Spoiler lower section mk6.jpg

Last edited:

Thumper

Autocross Champion
That is very nice. You really can't tell it's not OEM.

WalkerT

Go Kart Champion
I like it. In the pictures it looks like it matches the black paint very well, but how does is look in person?

In person you don't notice it unless you catch that 3/4 angle where you can see that it does not have the metal flake that the OEM black has. Most people would not notice.