GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Review - Shuenk TSI K03+ Turbo - Dyno

ACHILLES R32

Drag Racing Champion
Great review , this will be on my mod list at some point . Definitely would like a bit more power from my current IE stage 2 tune.

kosmaras

Go Kart Newbie
Mine has been solid, i beat the piss out of my car, and its been running strong. Developed a kind of whiny sound like when K03s start to go bad, but its on the opposite side of the engine bay so im 99% sure it has something to do with my pod filter, not the turbo. WalkerT did some borescoping after multiple power runs on a dyno and a ton of street time and said the turbo looked good to go as a quality part. If you take a look at the top of the thread youll see them
FWIW when I installed my IE K04 (Borg Warner), I immediately noticed a noise similar to what you're explaining....I thought the turbo was bad, but I think it may have something to do with the fact that these K03+/K04's don't have a turbo muffler like our stock IHI's.

edkwon98

Mine has been solid, i beat the piss out of my car, and its been running strong. Developed a kind of whiny sound like when K03s start to go bad, but its on the opposite side of the engine bay so im 99% sure it has something to do with my pod filter, not the turbo. WalkerT did some borescoping after multiple power runs on a dyno and a ton of street time and said the turbo looked good to go as a quality part. If you take a look at the top of the thread youll see them
I am currently on APR stage 2 I'm looking for options for turbo options since my current turbo has wastegate rattle, was there a significant difference in power on APR stage 2 tune? And is the turbo still holding up well?

yee_ti

I am currently on APR stage 2 I'm looking for options for turbo options since my current turbo has wastegate rattle, was there a significant difference in power on APR stage 2 tune? And is the turbo still holding up well?
ehh you will free up about 10-15hp to the crank i think based on butt dyno, getting an actual tune from someone is going to be your best option if you want power

Bulldugg

Passed Driver's Ed
Did we ever get a Unitronic stage 2 dyno run with the K03+. When I spoke to the Uni tech I was told their software wasn’t compatible with hybrids of any sort. Then I forwarded that email to Shuenk and they responded to it directly to Uni. I think I started something...............

Covelight

Go Kart Champion
There'd probably be a bump in power, but it depends on how Unitronic tuned their Stage 2 file for our cars. More aggressive tunes, such as IE, would see a better benefit from the K03+.

poidoutduck

Here is the dyno with the IE K04 tune. The turbo runs great on both software you get more low end punch with the IE stg 2 but the pull on the K04 software is impressive for a small body turbo. But it has its limit like the top end drops off after 6000 due to maxing out its capabilities
Dang. Nice to know you can run a KO4 file with the KO3+. Im currently uni stage 2 and can tell the tune is lacking for the turbo. Was considering dropping a bunch of money for a COBB AP and custom stratified tune, but if I can just upgrade my tune to the stage 2+ from uni for only $150 without any issues I'm gonna go that route.

aspro_gti

Autocross Champion
Dang. Nice to know you can run a KO4 file with the KO3+. Im currently uni stage 2 and can tell the tune is lacking for the turbo. Was considering dropping a bunch of money for a COBB AP and custom stratified tune, but if I can just upgrade my tune to the stage 2+ from uni for only $150 without any issues I'm gonna go that route.
Custom tune for the win. Far better than a stage/ots tune.