GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

RevO 2.0 TSI K04: PeterIroc...Next upgrade!!

Peteriroc

Ready to race!
At last RevO has announced his k04 modified:

What RevO says about it:

"Revo Technik is proud to announce the release of our K04 turbocharger system for the transverse 2.0TSi engine as found in Volkswagen, Audi, SEAT and ŠKODA vehicles.

The turbocharger system benefits from an integrated diverter valve mount as found on the OEM turbocharger unit meaning there is no requirement to relocate the diverter valve, as well as this the OEM baffle has been removed to increase flow allowing optimum performance from the turbocharger. Included in the package is all the gaskets, studs and seals required to mount the unit to your vehicle."

This modified turbo is quite similar to APR one.....and for this reason will fit perfectly in the TSI engine.

There is no official dyno or numbers yet...just rumors :drool:

Source: http://www.revotechnik.com/index.php?mod=show_news&id_nws=82

Best regards

trackstar

Ready to race!
Nice! I'd like to see the price.

They say "the OEM baffle has been removed to increase flow allowing optimum performance from the turbocharger"

Would love to see numbers because of this

killfish

Ready to race!

They say "the OEM baffle has been removed to increase flow allowing optimum performance from the turbocharger"

Pretty sure they're talking about the OEM turbo muffler - APR removes the same baffling, so I don't think you'll see much difference in performance over their kit.

Would be nice to see some pricing and dyno numbers though.

Peteriroc

Ready to race!

As you/revo said, OEM baffle has been removed, I´d like to know if that mod creates "more power", I don´t think this will be day&night change in terms of performance....but the air canceled inside the baffle will go directly to the IC.....:thumbsup:

Peteriroc

Ready to race!
Pretty sure they're talking about the OEM turbo muffler - APR removes the same baffling, so I don't think you'll see much difference in performance over their kit.

Would be nice to see some pricing and dyno numbers though.

I think the turbo will become more noisy.....and maybe we wil see a small gain??

About price and dyno number...we have to wait :(

killfish

Ready to race!
I think the turbo will become more noisy.....and maybe we wil see a small gain??

About price and dyno number...we have to wait :(

I have the APR kit and you can hear the turbo more than the IHI turbo it came with but it's not really "noisy", it just sounds good :)

Here's some info regarding the removal of the turbo muffler from APRs site:

"The OEM k04 turbocharger features a turbo muffler designed to reduce turbocharger sound in the cabin that also creates a restriction in the boost pressure delivery stream. APR removes the turbo muffler not only to enhance the sound of the turbocharger, but also to smooth the airflow across the previously baffled muffler section. A clean and simple CNC flange developed by APR's Engineering Team is bolted directly to the compressor cover in place of the OEM turbo muffler. A long mounting surface provides an excellent slip proof surface for mounting the silicon discharge hose and an o-ring between the flanges ensures a life of leak proof operation."

AWE, and I think RAI remove it as well (their site wasn't loading for me so I couldn't confirm).

Paxtond1

Go Kart Newbie
I spoke to revo hq here in the uk yesterday, they told me in the uk the kit should make 380bhp at a price of £2000

No info on US prices or number but at least gives a guide

P

plac

I spoke to revo hq here in the uk yesterday, they told me in the uk the kit should make 380bhp at a price of £2000

No info on US prices or number but at least gives a guide

= $3150 dollars, so similar prices, although APR might be cheaper. who knows until it really comes out.

steemax

Go Kart Champion
Finally! What I've been waiting for :happyanim:

lamb110

Go Kart Champion
"Imitation is the sincerest form of flattery"

Cryptic19111

Go Kart Champion

crew219

Banned
there's only so many ways to skin a cat

Ironically, REVO doesn't show any pictures of the parts that they actually machine. Leaves a huge "???"

lamb110 said:
"Imitation is the sincerest form of flattery"

Pretty much, although it's not surprising to find them following in the footsteps of APR ;)

History repeats itself over and over again :lol:

EDIT: looks like the APR kit uses a molded hose vs the straight 90º coupler that the REVO kit includes.