GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Riceburner goes from MK7 to MK6 K04...

riceburner

Autocross Champion
649 Tops. Thanks Jay!

hbrown0509

Go Kart Champion
Finally got around to installing that KMD Tuning stress bar you sold me...didn’t know what to expect but definitely like the results! Was sort of a bitch to install though lol.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

riceburner

Autocross Champion
^ oh nice! Yeah that bar was pretty sweet. Collectively, my car was riding so stiff on all the various front end components i had.... that bar, springs, aluminum control arms, anti lift kit, subframe deadening kit yadda yadda... but boy was turn in nice :D

hbrown0509

Go Kart Champion
^ oh nice! Yeah that bar was pretty sweet. Collectively, my car was riding so stiff on all the various front end components i had.... that bar, springs, aluminum control arms, anti lift kit, subframe deadening kit yadda yadda... but boy was turn in nice :D

Oh man the turn in is very nice. I have all the h the info you mentioned as well plus the updated 26 mm sway bar. It actually has improved some of the bump absorption too. Doesn’t feel as unsettling! Definitely a nice upgrade!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

riceburner

Autocross Champion
Chassis bracing = loads of fun.

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

Def doing a hatch brace kn the 7 eventually haha

riceburner

Autocross Champion
put oem tails in today and the rear windshield wiper back on.

Totally sad to do that, the euro tails were one of my favorite things about the car :(

riceburner

Autocross Champion
Hey all. Hope everyone is doing well!

Havent posted in a while but got to polishing the ole' 6. The white gwts little surface rust spots all over the place. I had great success with a griots micorfiber fast finishing MF pad, and sonax cutmax polish. Took one pass on high speed and a pretty saturated pad to get pretty damn good results! Figured id share

20200614_131155.jpg
20200614_131206.jpg

Phur

Autocross Champion
Hey all. Hope everyone is doing well!

Havent posted in a while but got to polishing the ole' 6. The white gwts little surface rust spots all over the place. I had great success with a griots micorfiber fast finishing MF pad, and sonax cutmax polish. Took one pass on high speed and a pretty saturated pad to get pretty damn good results! Figured id share

View attachment 176739View attachment 176740
If the spots are what I think they are (fallout and paint contamination), it’s better to hit that with an iron remover and then clay. If you are polishing them out, the metal bits are getting embedded in the polishing pad and marring the paint as you try to polish.

riceburner

Autocross Champion
good point! to be fair - i didn't have any iron remover; used a spritz of wheel cleaner (which removes iron pretty much the same) then clay, alcohol prep wipe then polished.

jay i'm bout to read up on your thread i gotta catch up! get me over there to polish sometime! i owe you a favor

riceburner

Autocross Champion
some updates to actually come soon.

My front bumper has been falling off for quite some time. New OEM bumper mounting parts are so expensive for what they are but i finally ordered what i think i need and will be remounting everything this sunday i think.

also ordered a new oem euro lip and painted it last night. hate the look of the MK6 bumper without it. My wife doesnt care, and she drives it, but i care lol. Also ordered new fog lights and tint filmed them.

Might just paint the middle lwoer grille surround while the bumpers off lol. Kind of starting from square one like when i got the car. Third times the charm....

riceburner

Autocross Champion
well i guess i mis-spoke. It turns out I ordered the wrong mounting piece for the euro lip. I had ordered it from ECS and the description literally says 'for mounting lower bumper spoiler' and it was right underneath the actual euro lip on their website. it was like 50 bucks so i got it. Turns out, oh no, thats for the golf and for some other random thing. what I ACTUALLY need is a ~$200 part just to mount the damn spoiler?!

I'm pissed. I already painted the actual lip and reeeally don't feel like spending more money to get this right. Anyone wanna buy a painted OEM lip?

riceburner

Autocross Champion
Finally had sime time to:
Install euro lip
Install new, tinted foglights
Put some new plugs in where the kicense plate used to be
Do some chip repair
Tow hook cover
And most importantly replaced the bumper guide parts that hold the damn thing tight to the fender! so worth it!

No good before pics because shit was ROUGH LOL
20201010_105402.jpg